• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Looking for an event/condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm trying to make a trigger that activates once the player presses a key. I cant find an event that does that.

For example, when the player press "ESC" a dialog menu appear. Or other keys on the keyboard.

Level 13
It's NOT possible afaik, or at least not that easy.
The only keys are left, right, up and down (the arrows) and I think 'a player skips a cinematic' is for the ESC key.
A possibility I thought of is using spells like berserk (no casting time), the problem is that you a) see them b) if the unit is not selected...

Greets, Justify

Level 4
You could trigger it as a chat message though.. like say a unit types "*Dialog" into chat, and then bring up a dialog box..

Don't think you can by just hitting a given key.. Only way I could see that being a relative possibility would be by using Jass and even then I still don't think its possible

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
As Justify said, the only keys you can detect are the arrow keys and esc key. It doesn't make it more possible with jass. Only way to detect other keys, would be to use something like Reinventing the Craft, which is hosted on this site. Tho that'll make your map not work in multiplayer.

Level 3
u could make a dummy ability like make a ability put the hot key as whatever u like but i dont think it would work for esc well trigger it like this
event
unit-starts effect of unit
cond
ability equal to (whatever)
action
whatever

yea i know thats not what u wanted but just givin u a idea

Status
Not open for further replies.