• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Force UI Key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi guys i have one more problem, i want to make that i can use item in first invertory slot by clicking some button on keyboard..... I tried by making it like this

Event: Player - Keyboard Event (Player 1 presses the up arrow key)

Action: Game - Force UI Key (Force Player 1 to press the key NumPad 7)

NumPad 7 is hotkey for first invertory slot.

But this trigger didnt work

Level 30
Hi guys i have one more problem, i want to make that i can use item in first invertory slot by clicking some button on keyboard..... I tried by making it like this

Event: Player - Keyboard Event (Player 1 presses the up arrow key)

Action: Game - Force UI Key (Force Player 1 to press the key NumPad 7)

NumPad 7 is hotkey for first invertory slot.

But this trigger didnt work

Numpad is not really a key. Change it to 7. Lets see if it will work.

I know there is a key for NumPad 7 but I think Warcraft just doesnt accept this.

Level 12
  • Item
  • Events
    • Player- YourEvent Here
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each Integer A from 1 to 6, do actions:
      • loop actions:
      • Set int = random number from 1 to Integer A
        • If - int == 1 then
          • Hero - Order Hero to use Item on unit/point/
        • else

If i am not wrong this trigger will force me to use item in my invertory on specific unit or point......and that is not what i wanted.......Becouse i need to CHOSE my target INSIDE the game if you understand me....

I just need that when i click on some key game select item in my invertory slot and then i can DECIDE on which unit or point will i use it......

Whay i wanted to do this when i just can use direcly key on my keyboard........becouse i want to change hotkey it is to far, it need to be close to hotkeys of some spells...

Level 23
why do you try to force num 7 from press up anyways, just press num 7 directly
I think that Force Player xy to press xyz only works for AI
because of how poorly some things of wc3 are made, you can only detect arrow keys preses/releases

Level 20
If i am not wrong this trigger will force me to use item in my invertory on specific unit or point......and that is not what i wanted.......Becouse i need to CHOSE my target INSIDE the game if you understand me....

I just need that when i click on some key game select item in my invertory slot and then i can DECIDE on which unit or point will i use it......

Whay i wanted to do this when i just can use direcly key on my keyboard........becouse i want to change hotkey it is to far, it need to be close to hotkeys of some spells...

If you want to target a different units, well, depending on the spell you're using just store that into a variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.