• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Looking for a PROFESSIONAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok here is the deal, I have a Warcraft 3 map I would like to create from a story I and a friend pieced together. Problem is I don't have the spare time being a cop with a second job and college. I am looking to hire someone to make the map for me. I will explain the story, explain how I would like it to be and ect. If it turns out great I will gladly pay. If it turns out crappy, I will still be willing to pay for the work and time. Please contact me or leave a reply here if you are interested.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Perhaps this should be re-directed to Project Discussion.

Maybe you should also tell people about your story. If the story is interesting, it is obvious people will be more interested. It will also spare the time of telling the whole lore to any curious individual that approaches you.

Nevertheless, there are skilled people here, in The Hive. Perhaps you should wait for Mini-Me or any other moderator to move this to the Project Discussion if they deam this fit for that section, perhaps you'll have more luck there, or not.

Searching for project members? (...) Talk about your projects in development...

Level 2
Yes I am a cop, thats why I said I was. If anyone with the power to move this to the proper forum sees this, would you please move it? Thanks in advance. The story is as follows, I'll try to keep it short.

It's in a different galaxy, in the distant future a horrible disease is created and attacks all forms of life from Humans to the Naga. In a desperate attempt human scientists try to create a cure. In their attempt they open a small doorway to hell. Demons poor out and wreck havok, and being immune to the disease spread it much faster. After a year or two humans adapt to the disease while every other race dies out, excluding demons. Never being closed the door to hell grew bigger and the demon king, Zagan, escapes from hell. Under his command the demons all but eradicate the human race. In a last effort all the most powerful human wizards coordinate a sneak attack on Zagan. They fail and all die, but before doing so Zagan is caught in a powerful enchantment and ripped into three bodies and spirits.

The first body became human. Having incredible strength, much more than that of a normal humans, and most demons. He was named Jerinx by a human patrol who found him. He quickly gained the trust of the human military as he defeated every demon he encountered. He ended up being assigned to the only human outpost at the edge of demon and human territories. There he serves as the human general Angloin's right hand.

The second body became a half-demon. Having the ab-normal strength of all demons, but being quicker and more agile than any other. Kyo's demon aura attracted many powerful enemies, human and demon alike. Being alone he slowly gathered a group of demon and half demon followers. He eventually came across Jerinx who persuaded him to help destroy Zagan and make peace between humans and half demons. Kyo currently resides with his group of followers as defenders of the human outpost at the edge of the human and demon territories.

The third body became Zagan himself, although slightly weaker. He immiedetly resumed his campaign against the humans. He sent his 4 strongest champions to the four corners of the world to stop the humans. He placed his most intelligent general in the middle of the world, at a excellent vantage point to periodically attack the human outpost. Then Zagan retreated to demon lands to regain his strength.

Level 4
well i'm out LoL
-i'm a bit of a good map maker "but i cant make triggers for ****
Well i can create spawning and movement But then againg
Every 1 can do that Lol : p

Level 2
Age aside, anyone can cash a check, that is always an option. I am an easy to get along with person. I would prefer to give money via paypal or the like or cash, but I can always mail a check to whoever. Also I just want to say the maker, makers if you get help, will be given full credit, and could certainly add insane little easter eggs, non savable and nothing to ruin the game please, I just want to see my little dream come to fruition, but I lack the time.

A loadable RPG is what I am set on. Like since the map is square I want 6 bosses, one in each corner, one in the center of the map, and one directly across from the human outpost in the middle of the map, but against the right side. The human outpost would be the starting point and only place in the map with a fountain. So kinda like this;

b b

H A L

b b

H = Human outpost/starting point.
b = Bosses to be killed first.
m = Boss invulnerable till other four killed.
L = The final boss Zagan, who doesnt appear till other five killed.

Like I said I would like it to be a save/load RPG. I have seen a few RPG's where to equip something it is put on a "unseen" unit. I would like that and also wisps being used as backpacks, but I also want them to use spells/skills selected by the heroes choices. I will try to give as much detail here on how I would like it to be so bear with me, and if I am beingtoo demanding please tell me.

After the game starts, I would like it to pause for a few seconds to let laggers catch up. After two choices pop up in clickable boxes, Load and New. If they click Load, their chat is switched to observers. If they click New two new choices pop up. Male or Female, which will choose the sex of their hero model. Next are the choices Human, Half-Demon, and Demon. This chooses their stats, hero skin, and skill set. Next their are seven choices, Goddess of Fire, God of Light, God of Earth, Goddess of Water, God of Wind, God of Darkness, and Atheist. After that (last choice) they choose their weapon, Swords, Guns, or Magiks, which chooses their attack damage, attack type, their main attribute, and further chooses their skills.

I do not have my heart set on any specific skills, skins, items or the such. Whatever works for you, the maker, works for me for now. I would like a few more things. The boss in the middle I would like to make periodic attacks on the human outpost. Everytime one of the four corner bosses is killed I would like a wave of demons to attack the town. I would like the size and strength of the attacks to grow as the heroes level up, and defeat bosses. When the heroes unleash Zagan, other bosses killed, I would like an endless wave of demon champions to attack the human outpost until Zagan is dead.

Few smaller things, I would like a small cinamatic of the wizards attacking Zagan and splitting him into three after the lagger wait, but before the New Load choice. I am working on a load screen, but till it is finished the Defualt loadscreen would be nice. The map name I want to be named; The Two Brothers. I want each god/goddess to give bonuses appealing to their type, and atheists would be granted a bonus to their expierence gain. Skills I want to be level dependent. I would like their to be a max stats limit, determined by their level. I would like the maximum level to be the highest possible, unless it goes past 250, in which case 250 would be fine. If this is too demanding, or not enough please inform me. I would like this done as soon as possible, but nicely, so if I can help in anyway let me know.Whatever it takes to get done please do, even if that means you get others to help, but not split the cash reward with them :) I would also be willing to give a few $'s up front if I am shown proof of the map being worked on. I would gladly tell you what I am willing to pay over a instant messanger or via private message.

Last edited:
Level 7
Interesting. What's an Easter Egg?

BTW, by 'distant future', do you mean a modern era, or futuristic technology era?

Level 27
Nice story ... something original and in the future i've thought about hundreds of those kind of stories but well you made it ;)

... i have a bank account wulfy .. if not i just transfer it to my fathers xD

But i aint creating terrain for anyone now im WAY TO BUSSY :(

Level 4
Hmm... I know how to do everything mentioned I'm jsut not interested right now cuz usually i lack the motivation to finish something this complicated.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You could try making it a "chain" map.
By chain I am refering to map creation method not type. . .

In a chain map the orignal creator creates the utmost basics.
Theses have to inclue a text file of exactly what he wants and how he wants it all to fit together and stuff but very detailed and a map with the utmost basic terane layout (some units if wished).
You then gives it to a person you can tust for "futhur devolpment" as well as the text file with the details.
That person improves on the map in some way or another and then sends it to another person that you have deemed worthy for development.
And so on. . .

The chain repets untill you get a map to your liking in which case you protect it an release.

As for your map idea. . .
Sounds interesting but also sounds like another human and demon rpg which there are 1000s of.
But that is my opinion and thus you need not be influenced by it.

their chat is switched to observers
Impossiable using triggers and anyway they could unswitch it.

And who the hell cares if you read your friends code since CODES CAN BE NAME LOCKED in which case they will be unable to load it anyway.

Also in the part with your hero creation. . .
How many female demons have you seen in wc3 neck to the sucibie (GRR can not spell it)?
So that means models would need to be made.
Also what is the difference in alliences with the different races?

Demons are comonly known as beings of death, destruction, evil, ect. and thus you will hardly find demons mixing with humans in a friendly way.
You need to better describe that part and maybe even give a definiton of what you mean by demon.

Also you need to describe abilites more clearly and give atleast one example for people to go by.

Next to that it could be fun to play if it is made.
Hope everything goes well

Level 6
wow willing to pay for a wc3 map... usualy if ur idea is good enuff people will make it and give credit to u not the other way around but interesting story i really like the idea if i wasnt allready in a project i would make u a demo... u seem really enthousiatic towards it

Level 2
Codes being name locked doesn't do anything against name spoofing, thats why I like to load in observers chat. My entire reason for this is because I lack the necessary time to make even a basic map, quit advising me to make a basic one and get help. I DON'T HAVE THE TIME, IT IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME. If you read the summed of version fo the story behind the map, you would know why the demons are allied with the humans. The fact that people would make a map for free makes it seem like the money would just be more of a reason. How is it sad to pay someone to do something you have no time to do, but have the money to back it? I would appreciate people having nothing nice to say or contribute do not post, makes less for me and those who do have something ncice to say less to read.

Level 3
Kyo i am actually quite interested in designing this map for you, i added your msn if that is alright to get more info and a little more detail. Very original though and if you had it done out right by someone it could be quite popular. I truly enjoy making maps and with the pay on top of this, this sounds very nice. I would be very glad to do this for you but more info please.

Status
Not open for further replies.