• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking for a MMO to replace WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
What others have you tried?
Here are some that I have played or my parents have played or enjoyed:
LOTR online
-My dad use to play this for awhile, maybe 5 months? Hmm..although he is back into Wow now. He enjoys it, although he has to play it on the lowest setting... It's also apparently cheaper than Wow..but less active players overall...

Dungeon and Dragons online
-It's okay..but my parents gave up with it after the first month as it was very quiet, expensive at the time and not much to offer, but apparently it has lovely graphics (on high end computers)

Guilwars 1 (no monthly fees, but ALOT of standalone/optional Expansions)
-Not eactly "wowish"..but at least somewhat entertaining. I got bored with it as I didnt like the "instanced adverture"..it was a very "closed" mmo :/..Infact.. I'm not sure you can call it that...maybe just MO :/...It's okay if you dont want to pay a monthly fee, but if you thirst for something to keep you entertained for months AND have constant social impact..then don't go for this...EVER.

Aeon-
(my ex use to play this alot, I think he still plays it...If I care) It's like a mix between Wow and GW honestly, I'd kinda class it as a more EVERYTHING IS SHINEY, OPEN AND PURPLE ALIEN WORLD version of GW 1 with a hint of Warhammer online :/. I think its good, at the time there was alot of players.....but I do not know how long it can keep one "entertained" after the sense of "oooo! pretty colours and graphics" effect fade off.

Warhammer online
-okay..but boring after like level 10 as there isn't many players or social interaction with others and it NEED's more player so you can level up your renown easier...I like it..but it's too slow and too little active players...That's what killed it for me :/

Level 34
There honestly isn't anything that compares to WoW, especially for endgame content. I enjoyed Warhammer Online, and when I played it there were enough people to play, but renown was a bit difficult to get.

Level 36
What others have you tried?
Here are some that I have played or my parents have played or enjoyed:
LOTR online
-My dad use to play this for awhile, maybe 5 months? Hmm..although he is back into Wow now. He enjoys it, although he has to play it on the lowest setting... It's also apparently cheaper than Wow..but less active players overall...

-It's okay..but my parents gave up with it after the first month as it was very quiet, expensive at the time and not much to offer, but apparently it has lovely graphics (on high end computers)

Guilwars 1 (no monthly fees, but ALOT of standalone/optional Expansions)
-Not eactly "wowish"..but at least somewhat entertaining. I got bored with it as I didnt like the "instanced adverture"..it was a very "closed" mmo :/..Infact.. I'm not sure you can call it that...maybe just MO :/...It's okay if you dont want to pay a monthly fee, but if you thirst for something to keep you entertained for months AND have constant social impact..then don't go for this...EVER.

Aeon-
(my ex use to play this alot, I think he still plays it...If I care) It's like a mix between Wow and GW honestly, I'd kinda class it as a more EVERYTHING IS SHINEY, OPEN AND PURPLE ALIEN WORLD version of GW 1 with a hint of Warhammer online :/. I think its good, at the time there was alot of players.....but I do not know how long it can keep one "entertained" after the sense of "oooo! pretty colours and graphics" effect fade off.

Warhammer online
-okay..but boring after like level 10 as there isn't many players or social interaction with others and it NEED's more player so you can level up your renown easier...I like it..but it's too slow and too little active players...That's what killed it for me :/

There honestly isn't anything that compares to WoW, especially for endgame content. I enjoyed Warhammer Online, and when I played it there were enough people to play, but renown was a bit difficult to get.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was afraid of. I need a game with an active community, otherwise I'll get bored no matter how good the game is :(

What about that FF14?

Ain't out yet

Level 13

Well, WAR has pretty much become like this: ORVR in T1, then Quest+SC (and ORVR when ever it's possible) in Tier 2. Tier 3 is pretty much dead to you just grind to level 25, after which you go to Land of the Dead and get a party to level you to 31-40 (depending on your preference). Then you just go to Tier 4 and do some scenarios and get a shitload of renown.

*EDIT* and Void, you do realize that you can just contact Blizzard to get your account and all the lost items (if you lost items) back.

Level 17
LOTR online

Both LOTR Online and D&D Online have recently become free to play, so you should definitely check them out. After D&D went f2p, it filled up pretty fast, so you'll definitely find an active community there.

Level 36
*EDIT* and Void, you do realize that you can just contact Blizzard to get your account and all the lost items (if you lost items) back.

No, I can't, because Blizzard hasn't responded to my email about something else from two months ago let alone the one I sent the other day when my account got hacked, and their billing support line has been full for the past few days.

Level 17
Yes, LotR:O is free now. I'm going to try it out myself tomorrow.
If you can suffer the wait, Guild Wars 2. It's never to late to grab a copy of the original trilogy and the fourth expansion.
If not, WAR is decent fun, FFXIV looks interesting and launches this month I think.
EVE Online is time consuming as all get-out, but has an amazing community. (As long as you're not a dirty miner.)
There's always the mainstays like DnD and Everquest. Although since WoW was meant to be a successor to EQ, I doubt you'll get much enjoyment out of it.

Level 5
SWTOR (Star Wars the Old Republic) looks like a good MMO that'll be coming out soon, but if you want something now, Warhammer Online is the way to go. I like it anyways.

Level 11
Age of Conan??? - (i did play it the first day of launch, but quit because the hunters or w/e were overpowered and so many bugs, but as of now i have no further knowledge of this game)

Runescape??? -(was actually very fun but got old and too many serious gamers play it now)

Level 9
Runescape was good but WTH Corpse runs?
No MMO is as good as WoW, go back to it lowbie or not\
You cannot find such good lore, and there's a chance that you might want to go back because of the newer patches and the expansion and missing your ability to kill arthas, kill illidan, kill deathwing, kill warcraft 2 and warcraft 1 guys, kill everybody, kill yourself, and do random /dance commands every now and then

Actually i'm suffering a no WoW disease, it's been nearly a year since I havent played WoW

Level 9
Actually, I like WoW lore and it revolves around many things than that of DnD, Of course DDO beats in combat and of course lotrO is epic

-WoW has a combat which you can't figure if turnbased or real time(real time actually)
-Instead of focusing on Dungeon and Dragons' OH LOOK, IT'S A MONSTER, KEEL IT lore, WoW believes that dragons can be friendly and WoW goes beyond one world.

Level 2
SWTOR (Star Wars the Old Republic) upcoming game its the best also Guild wars 2 but now i dont know good game and also i hate wow just to tell you i played it 6 years and its so boring... SWTOR is the best for me (upcoming) and for now i really dont know you should try Rift now

Level 3
Basically, what I'm looking for is WoW, but not WoW, because my account got hacked and honestly I don't want to start all over again. Does anyone know a good MMO that's similar to WoW, with a lot of players, and endgame content? I don't mind paying.

This has maybe been said already but..

If you contact customer support and include every kind of proof you have you will get it back easily. I got keylogged* as well, but everything was back when I contacted customer support about it.

*Yeah you said hacked, but it's impossible, you either gave your password away, or where keylogged

Anyways, another MMORPG would be Lord of the Rings: Online, its 100% free even. The community is a bit small, but not so small you will feel lonely.

Status
Not open for further replies.