1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Discussion] LoL Playthroughs

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by bowser499, May 4, 2015.

1. bowser499

bowser499

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hey guys,
    I've decided to film up my own way of evolving in LoL. I hope you will enjoy this, fav, share and comment. XD

Want to be in one of vids? (it's not always with bots) Add me: Simplar Duosora, EU West.

Updates every day! :p

LoL Playthrough #1 - Stealer in party?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT4hgjUF4-I

LoL Playthrough #2 - Camera Problems / Pentakill
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44s830Rvx5o

LoL Playthrough #3 - Instructing Around
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZsO68Lolco

2. Wietlol

Wietlol

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Camera Problems aka f7 (or f9 or another one about there).
    It locks the screen to a specific point.
    It is created to make the spotlight clips without having the problem of changing camera and returning to that spot.

About the vids... keep it up!
    Always fun to see how you played in your first matches compared to what you have become one year later.

About the game... try to play PvP though. It really helps to find out how your opponents play and it helps you weigh your chances.
    Go and read a few tutorials about last hitting, item builds, team comps and attack moves (dunno how that last one is called though but moving while your AA is on cooldown so you move while still attacking at full potential)

Next to that... welcome to the game

3. nedio95

nedio95

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I believe it is called "Stutter step" when you are moving and stopping for an AA. Long time ago it was some other "Step" and I believe some people started calling it "Orb walking" for some reason...

4. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Orb walking is from Dota. If you manually cast an autocast attack modifier (like frost arrows) on an enemy hero, the creeps won't aggro you as they would if you had right clicked the enemy hero.

5. Wietlol

Wietlol

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Lol :D
    I could see why but manualcasting an attack modifier is bad in any case :D
    It fucks up your triggers completely.

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    League of Legends has a story to "playthrough"?

I thought a playthrough required something with a fixed start and end. For example Final Fantasy 5 where the end is you defeating Neo-Ex Death. A match based game has no such progression with each match being unrelated so cannot have playthroughs. It can have "let us play" and other such random play sequences.

7. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    people have been playthrouging minecraft for years, and that has no end too. But yeah, I dont think LoL playthrough is really a playthrough

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It does in a sense that there are a limited number of non-sandbox things to do. For example making a diamond pickaxe, reaching and exploring a section of Nether, defeating the Nether Dragon boss, crafting best gear, building resource generators etc. Sure the game is open ended but it does follow progress until an open-ended stage.

I think the main difference in classification is how the game plays out. A playthrough has some form of scripted progress that the player can move through. This can be advancing stages, completing sandbox objectives or running through a story mode etc. Competitive games like LoL, HotS, HoN, DotA2 etc do not have this form of progress since you are placed against semi-random opponents who are equally as strong as you to "win" or "lose". The only progress made is short-term and really specific to what is going on. I think a more appropriate term would be "matches", "rounds" or any such competitive term.

Playthroughs -> Games where the player progresses and is meant to always "win" or achieve some objective. A good end of such a series is after a final boss or once everything interesting is done that can be done.
    Matches -> Games where the player fights other players and is meant to win only half the time. A good end for the series is when the player gets bored of playing.

From a viewer perspective you should always expect a playthrough to go well by the end (player wins, everything gets done etc) even if mistakes happen at times (deaths, restarts etc). Many playthroughs are "edited" specially to remove bad mistakes such as deaths, losses or navigation blunders to improve viewer experience. Matches on the other hand can be expected to have a 50:50 win/loss rate due to the mechanics of the game. People will watch matches regardless of if it is a win or loss since the experience is the progress to the conclusion. Additionally a playthrough usually contains heavy "spoilers" due to the nature of it, where as matches pretty much have nothing to spoil (there are no secrets).

9. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I wouldn't mind joining a few games with a few hivers. Though since you're level 23 I might give you a bit too high MMR :p