• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lore Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, I need some help on some Night Elf lore here XD anyways- I've noticed that the Night Elven armed forces are consisted dominantly of women- and don't get me wrong lol this isn't a sexist thing- I'm a lot better than that ^^ but my question is why? I mean; I've always thought it was just the culture of the night elven women to serve in the military; but if you have any knowledge of lore relating to this question; please help me out :D mahalo!

:goblin_yeah:

Level 24
Yea I'm still not verry crazy in that night elfs can use magic, before cata they accused all magic exept drudism to be evil and now they all want to studie this ebil force.

Level 14
Yea I'm still not verry crazy in that night elfs can use magic, before cata they accused all magic exept drudism to be evil and now they all want to studie this ebil force.

I think that is why Illidan got banished in wc3 roc right ? because he used arcane magic and absorbed the skull of gul'dan and became half demon. (afaik, in warcraft there isn't any demonic magic... demons use arcane magic).

Anyway, I have learned not to judge WoW for it's story content anymore. Sure a lot of it it's retarded (like in wotlk, after u go in and freaking defeat an Old-God and the messenger Algalon... Tirion builds an Arena, right outside of TFT so he can decide who are the most worthiest champions!? Hello did someone just defeated an Old God!?) , but at the end of the day, it's an mmo. The Focus of an MMO is the multplayer aspect, first of all having people enjoying their class and making all the classes enjoyable to play in both pve and pvp and keeping balance. Story is just a side note. Although WoW does have an intersting story, and it should continue to have an interesting story, I don't care anymore if they add something new which is 'lore breaking'.

Games where story is a really important part of the experience are mostly single player oriented... like Dragon Age (or any other Bioware game), Assassin's Creed, SW:KOTOR, etc.

Level 24
Illidan got bannished for becoming a half deamon and trying to kill Jarod Shadowsong.

And I'm still not sure why Alexstrasza didn't just 1 shot the lich king.

Status
Not open for further replies.