• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Lock Camera and rotate around unit while he moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

JnM

JnM

Level 12
Hi all,

Been dipping my feet back into WE and enjoying it. My question:

Is there a way to lock a camera and make it rotate around a unit while he's moving towards a region?

So far I've only been able to find "Rotate around (position of (triggering unit))", but obviously it doesn't follow the unit.

Do I need to create a periodic event trigger with camera/unit variables or am I missing something?

JnM

JnM

Level 12
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm not looking to simply lock a camera on a unit. I'd like for it to stay locked, but also rotate around him as he continues to move. This is for a cinematic effect.

In other words, I want to make the camera spin around the unit as him as the centerpoint WHILE he's moving somewhere.

EDIT: I believe I found the solution to my problem: I needed to create a camera variable that saved the lock camera position. I can apply that camera variable starting from another locked camera. It's a pretty neat effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.