• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Locals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I have started making a pack of locals to make it easier for mappers(including myself) to create awesome maps. Because everyone hates downloading large maps and yet, most mappers also hate the filesize limit. Well, this is supposed to fix both.

I've so far thought that I should categorize things like this:
Locals\Author\ResourceName
This would also make it easier to credit the resource makers.

However, that wouldn't work with BTNs. What to do?

Level 3
I believe what Zakamutt here is trying to say is that you posted a thread about locals, asking what to do about BTNs, where apparently the point was to ask people to suggest models, all in the off-topic forum, just a shelf up from a thread about lucid dreaming

...you gotta sense a little make man

Level 21
I believe what Zakamutt here is trying to say is that you posted a thread about locals, asking what to do about BTNs, where apparently the point was to ask people to suggest models, all in the off-topic forum, just a shelf up from a thread about lucid dreaming

...you gotta sense a little make man

As I said, I don't know where to put this thread. Have an answer?

Level 2
I don't know for the BTN's, Have a credits textfile with it?
It would be a good Idea to ask permision from each of the artists whose work you are placing in the 'mod' file.
offtopic:Hey, he's being offtopic in offtopic. give him credit....
I think here is as good as anyplace to place this thread.

on topic: however I think this idea was suggested before, and shot down by one of the moderators, But I can't be sure

Level 21
I don't know for the BTN's, Have a credits textfile with it?
It would be a good Idea to ask permision from each of the artists whose work you are placing in the 'mod' file.
offtopic:Hey, he's being offtopic in offtopic. give him credit....
I think here is as good as anyplace to place this thread.

on topic: however I think this idea was suggested before, and shot down by one of the moderators, But I can't be sure

I looked up my previous threads and found out that I have something in Idea Factory. So I revived the other one and I'm accepting model suggestions.
About the credits file. Yes, it would work, but I am aiming towards a way where if you are using something, then you can look it up in the editor.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/locals-packs-228732/

Status
Not open for further replies.