• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Locals and hashtable Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi, I need someone to help me with custom spells I made.
Answer only if you master locals and hashtable so it would be very easy and fast for you to help me.
I wanna PAY you (paypal only) to do it so I can see how it works and learn by myself then.
(I would send my unprotected map to you so you have to be a serious person)

Level 9
lastest patch, Angel Arena Eclipse Reborn.

I created spells but they use the same variable (for example targeting unit of ability being cast equal to "TargetingUnit".
Well, I used "TargetingUnit" variable in every spells. Problem is if 2 heroes cast custom spell at the same time,one willnot work the the TargetingUnit variable will be used by the other one"

Look at Cespie comment on this thread : It's about custom script to solve the problem. Functions questions

Level 14
lastest patch, Angel Arena Eclipse Reborn.

I created spells but they use the same variable (for example targeting unit of ability being cast equal to "TargetingUnit".
Well, I used "TargetingUnit" variable in every spells. Problem is if 2 heroes cast custom spell at the same time,one willnot work the the TargetingUnit variable will be used by the other one"

Look at Cespie comment on this thread : It's about custom script to solve the problem. Functions questions
Simple solution: use indexing(It is a simple thing and there is tutorials about that).
With indexing you can do your spells in gui.
complex solution: go through the hassle of using hash table and it will be more or less equivalent to indexing.

for indexing here is a tutorial:
Visualize: Dynamic Indexing
I guess you understand the concept now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.