• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loap: Orc Invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My idea for loap is an orc invasion...this is my first idea...anyway...the story is that you can become a soldier and fight orcs and stuff! It'll be a good way to earn money and xp...and you cant permantely kill the orcs by the way they are limitless....so sometimes orcs may invade the city....and about how to join the army: there will be a small area on the west side of town where you can join it! all you have to do is walk over a circle that says become male warrior or become female archer...so far i've far i've though of 2 each for designs...for male troopers (melee) i've thought of the footmen design and the captain/swordsman design, also maybe i should use a riflemen for a male (ranged). for the female archers (ranged) i've thought of a high elf ranger design and a high elf archer design but unfortunately i haven''t thought of a melee female. if u have suggestions plz tell me..if you want to know what they'll look like play warcraft 3! Btw! if ur wondering where the orcs will be they'll be on an island only accesable by a 1 way waygate...dont say anything bout that....anyway, u'll fight ur way thru the orc base..blah.blah..blah..and there will be a boss (a blademaster probally)..then a wayagte that leads to the city which is how the orcs get there. also when u kill a orc guard another will automatically start being trained...as for the level it'll be maybe 20..i dont want people being mean and killing others for no reason. For the colors the drug lord will be Lb the peasants wil probaly be green,orange yellow etc. and the police will be gray. The army will be part of the town (brown) and the orc will be red also there will be no mafia. also i am adding a feture that will allow u to convert money to drug ammaterial and vise verser! also i'm making a drug shop so you dont have to really on mister druggy if he hates you!.. . also i want to remind you that this is an idea....not programmed....i hope some1 will like this idea! thnx 4 reading!

Last edited:
Level 11
it's an o.k. idea but you definetly need to work on it. My suggestion, like i'm doing with my loap map. Make drug lord a NPC. Give him a smaller base also. I mean #1 he is sorta rigged, not like super rigged but his spells are decently good and gets all them drugs to himself if he likes and can become really strong.

so i made it you can buy wood from one of druggy shops to buy your own drugs but made it a little bit more expensive, and further away from center of map so it's a good walk there.

probly should get a male ranged unit, and female melee
or a different approach if I was you i'd try, would be just to have peasants to pick, and when they join army they get weapons and armor, so models of peasants should have no weapons or armor so you can attach them through out game.

Town should more than likely be remade, atleast some things to your personal likings. I'm completely redoing my loap, well alot of it is, problem is i want it on my faster computer because it's atm on this super slow computer and it takes like a full minute to create a unit and shit, but when i try to transfer it it says "not enough space" or sumtin.... but this computer still has like 40gb still open.

Level 1
Could work... if a lot of time was spent.

Basically, what Rakdos said. And just keep working, because you have a shitload of work ahead of you.

My advice is that you should get a few friends/kindly Hive members to help you out on this big task. But good luck, seems like a pretty good idea if executed properly.

Level 11
i might be able to cause like i said having a problem with maps, i can't seem to get any maps working that's transfered to me, they all come up with dif errors, i even just reinstalled wc3 and weu, tried basic WE and WEU and won't work on either and shit computer doesn't go online, network card fried. and i'm not working on that thing it's way too slow mind trying to see if my map opens? (if you steal the map i'll know you did it lol. besides it's only halfeway finished alot of empty crap and i know your still inexperienced and wouldn't know what to do with so much empty space XD Daedra mind trying also?)

cause if i can't get it working then i could use ideas of mine and bring it to yours.

Attachments

• Life of a Fantasy.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Level 1
So, you need a few ideas for your map? So, like a few little cosmetic changes or something? CLEARER PLEASE!! :p

Just to say it again, you want to see what we can do and see if this guy needs poor help with this basic idea (map)?

[offtopic] how do you change where a downloaded file goes in mozilla firefox?[/offtopic]

Level 11
no clue i use IE i need you to see if you can open the map period.

once it's open i can help this gentleman with some ideas ;) done too much loap work in the past to keep coming up with original ideas lol

Level 34
Don't want to complain but I was too lazy to goddamn translate your runes.

It consists only chatgrammar and geez, be serious, you don't want spending your life on another Loap.

I'm serious. Use spaces between stuff, it's like something boring.

Please fix your goddamn grammar before we move on.

Level 2
Rakdos defiler...thank you for your message i have taken it into consideration...also does any1 know where the hell i can get loap city sprites? it's driving me nuts!

Level 11
Yeah man, what i do when i make first post to my map idea, is add colors, seperate the text into sections, like terrain work, trigger work etc etc, not big blocks of text =P

sry what do you mean? i thought sprites were renders of game characters from 2d games lol

Level 34
Yeah man, what i do when i make first post to my map idea, is add colors, seperate the text into sections, like terrain work, trigger work etc etc, not big blocks of text =P

sry what do you mean? i thought sprites were renders of game characters from 2d games lol

I might guessing he's a newb with World Editor and doesn't know that plants are in the Doodads @ Object Editor are.. I guess..

Level 4
main thing popped up in my head. isn't this gunna be laggy if orcs just pop up and keep ransacking the town? (That is all)

Level 34
Nor overmass. (Don't know what overmassing is? It means you massed too much units and that means they go walk,walk,stop,walk,stop,walk,walk etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.