• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loading / transporting buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm working on a unit mix-up thing, and I'm focusing on humans being aggressive tower builders. For this purpose I want to have a unit that can transport towers.

I can't figure out how to make load apply -only- to towers, so I tried to do just buildings, but checking the appropriate unit types (structure, mechanical) still doesn't allow me to load buildings. Though I suppose it could be -extremely- glitchy, that's the only method I could think of.

Alternatively, maybe it'd be possible to have a unit that deconstructs the tower, and then is able to instantly build it?

Level 11
You could use the tiny building items. Have an ability that removes a targeted tower from the game and spawns a tiny item version on the ground, and a unit with an inventory can build it elsewhere.

Level 20
I guess you'd have to use triggers to get the amount of customization you want.

Alternatively, how about trying to add a specific classification to your towers (something you wouldn't use elsewhere in the game, like Tauren for example) and then modify the load ability so it can only target units with Tauren classification. That should probably work ~ish

Level 1
I guess you'd have to use triggers to get the amount of customization you want.

Alternatively, how about trying to add a specific classification to your towers (something you wouldn't use elsewhere in the game, like Tauren for example) and then modify the load ability so it can only target units with Tauren classification. That should probably work ~ish
Hmm, I'll try that. It's not like the humans are going to have any, anyway. Thanks!

Alternatively what @Kaijyuu was very helpful and tiny towers could function about the same. Maybe just sell them for the price of a tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.