• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Well blp seems to be an extension of standard jpeg with 2 colour channels swapped and a different header. I guess you just look up the specifications for the 2 file formats and write a converter script.

Or you use an already existing converter from the tools section.

Level 18
Its annoying when people ask the same question over and over, and even more annoying when they try to cover it up by saying "they used the search feature". I successfully changed my loading screen and my mini-map preview in less than 3 minutes without any prior knowledge, simply by using search/Google.

Level 10
Welcome to Teelos tutorial on making a loading screen.

First, take the picture you want on the loading screen, and save it somewhere you can access it.
Next, go to this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/need-loading-screen-come-here-106641/
Make a post asking for a loading screen, and attach the picture to your post
Wait up to a day for RED_BARON to reply with your new loading screen, and instructions on how to add it to your map.
And finally, go away enjoying your shiny new loading screen!

Level 12
Welcome to Teelos tutorial on making a loading screen.

First, take the picture you want on the loading screen, and save it somewhere you can access it.
Next, go to this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/need-loading-screen-come-here-106641/
Make a post asking for a loading screen, and attach the picture to your post
Wait up to a day for RED_BARON to reply with your new loading screen, and instructions on how to add it to your map.
And finally, go away enjoying your shiny new loading screen!
That isn't a tutorial, it's more of a "we do it for you" sort of thing, just saying. And I'm pretty sure the guy already read the above posts and took their advice first. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.