• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loading Screen Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Atmosferic has made me a loading screen, and I can't get it to work. I've imported it, set the correct paths to the 4 textures, and set the loading screen model as my loading screen, and it still appears a black screen with a loading bar at the bottom.

Can someone fix this please?

Here is the link to the Loading Screen.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=s6rbyt

Thanks,
-Arkon Kaos (A.K.A. Vital Sin)

Level 2
i think the size should be 512x512 (For Top Left, Top Right textures) and 512x256 (for Bot Left, Bot Right textures) if you are using 4 textures or high quality loading screen but also check the mdl because it might be different.

Level 14
Tell me what was the paths you set for the loading screen and the loading screen mdl. Also this thread would be better in the World Editor Help Zone.

loadingscreenBL.blp
loadingscreenBR.blp
loadingscreenTL.blp
loadingscreenTR.blp

I argued with my sister wether or not this would be in the Requests section or the World Editor Help Zone, and it made sense in either one, so I just went with Requests. Sorry about that. :sad:

Can you fix it? :smile:

It's simplier with just using a 512x512 (or 256x256) sized image, and downloading the .mdl file from worldhelper site.. so you can create your loadingscreens yourself. just change the size of your picture to the sizes I mentioned above and save it as .tga that's all.

I'm too lazy to do it myself, and I'm no good with photoshop. Atmosferic did alot of editing to my loading screen.

Level 16
I cannot help you since, I believe you're using a 1024x1024 format (which uses those paths for each part of the screen), I only use the 512x512 format for the loading screen and 256x256 for preview image(saves alot of mb's if you don't want a HD loading screen).
Did you download the correct mdl for the loading screen? Have you checked any tutorials for instructions on how to use this type of loading screen? Did you check if the files are in tga or is it in blp?

Level 14
Thanks for the help. :hohum:

Yes I downloaded the right files, I checked them with InfranView, and I checked how to import it, tried that method, and it DIDN'T work. :sad:

The image sizes definitly aren't 1024x1024. They are way to small. Why don't you check them for yourself? Also, note that I didn't make them, I'm to stupid to understand half of what you're saying (typing).

Level 14
Sure thing. Errr, he did alot of editing, is there any way you can do similar changes to the loading screen?

-He took a basic World of Warcraft wallpaper, changed "World of Warcraft" to "Sins of War"

-Changed "The Frozen Throne" to "version 1.0"

-Changed the copyright to "Created by Vital Sin"

-And did this all with the same font.

I need this, or something very close to it. If you can do this, I will be amazed. If you just put it together and cut it or something, I will still be amazed... As long as I have a loading screen, I will be amazed.

Thank you,
-Arkon Kaos (A.K.A. Vital Sin)

Status
Not open for further replies.