• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Living Woods

Description
These beautiful forests consist of trees, whose branches extend to the height of mountains and whose roots reach incredible depths. Legends say the forest has a sentient mind of its own and can change unexpectedly.
full

Features:

4 Gold Mines
1 Tavern
2 Random Neutral Buildings [Mercenary Camp/Goblin Laboratory]
2 Random Neutral Buildings [Goblin Shop/Goblin Laboratory]
1 Random Neutral Building [Fountain of Mana/Health/Green Dragon Roost/Marketplace]

Note: the map cannot generate with 4 Goblin Laboratories.
1.0 [20.11.2017] - Uploaded

[size=-9] o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o[/size]
Feel free to rate and comment! Please report any bugs or suggestions down below in the comment section. Enjoy!
Contents

Living Woods (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Be sure to add aerial pathing blockers around doodads that are off-screen tall to avoid flying units going through them. There's only one expansion per player and it is quite powerfully guarded. Tower rush isn't impossible. Not too many paths towards...
Level 29
A map from Blood Raven!! you are the author of Daemonheim! one of the few underground maps and you discovered how well mix the grass in the undeground. And also the Death Scar is a great imitation of the wow area.

Is this for the contest? if it is put it in the description if not, never mind.

going to look it

edit:

awsome map, nice waterfall, and nice those big trees. I am impressed that you worked in 96x64.

I rate it 4/5 (I would like to do 5/5) but I like to see the mod review before considering my final rate.

good luck in the contest.

Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Be sure to add aerial pathing blockers around doodads that are off-screen tall to avoid flying units going through them.
There's only one expansion per player and it is quite powerfully guarded.
Tower rush isn't impossible.
Not too many paths towards your enemy.

Approved.

===================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:

The Grand Review Exchange!

How did you put branch like shadows? I'm curious. :) BTW, this map is fucking awesome! I love forest environment. :)
Well, if you're really that curious, at first I tried it with some vanilla models like "Vines thorny". I made a really huge, slightly levitating version of that doodad and placed it all over the map, then calculated the shadowmap, but alas the shadowmap calculator doesn't take into account the alpha channel in textures (aka the transparency), so it didn't quite work out. So I made a really simple branch-like model with leaves in milkshape and did the same thing. After calculating, I deleted all copies of that doodad, and only the shadows were left. Which also means that if I need to calculate the shadowmap anew for any reason, I need to import and spam that doodad again :D
Also, thanks for the kind words :)

Well, if you're really that curious, at first I tried it with some vanilla models like "Vines thorny". I made a really huge, slightly levitating version of that doodad and placed it all over the map, then calculated the shadowmap, but alas the shadowmap calculator doesn't take into account the alpha channel in textures (aka the transparency), so it didn't quite work out. So I made a really simple branch-like model with leaves in milkshape and did the same thing. After calculating, I deleted all copies of that doodad, and only the shadows were left. Which also means that if I need to calculate the shadowmap anew for any reason, I need to import and spam that doodad again :D
Also, thanks for the kind words :)

Thanks very well mate, I will make some forest map like that. :) And credits goes to you, I like it very much.