• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

List of Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
1st question...
I followed the directions to installing the futuristic cliffs
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/cliff1-blp-158466/?prev=search=cliff&d=list&r=20

It came up, but the cliffs were still kind of jagged, When I would prefer them to be square and straight looking like it is in the picture.

2nd question:
I've recently started a nuke trigger.
So when I have the ability casted, it turns on the trigger, which pretty much turns on the special effects, music, terrain change, etc.

Here is what I have so far
Nuke
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Nuke
Actions
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Nuclearcountdown with title Nuke's arrival!
Countdown Timer - Start Nuclearcountdown as a One-shot timer that will expire in 60.00 seconds
Game - Display to (All players) for 60.00 seconds the text: |cffff0000Warning! ...
Unit - Create 1 Nuclear Explosion Alert (large) for Neutral Extra at (Target point of ability being cast) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Target point of ability being cast) for 60.00 seconds
Sound - Play TAdUpd07 <gen>
Sound - Play Pursuit
Wait 60.00 seconds
Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
Environment - Create a 10.00 second Permanent crater deformation at (Target point of ability being cast) with radius 512.00 and depth 100.00
Environment - Change terrain type at (Target point of ability being cast) to Felwood - Poison using variation -1 in an area of size 5 and shape Circle
Sound - Stop the currently playing music theme
Unit - Create 1 Fire (large) for Neutral Hostile at (Target point of ability being cast) facing 250.00 degrees
Unit - Create 1 Fire (large) for Neutral Hostile at (Target point of ability being cast) facing 100.00 degrees

My problem here is that I cannot get these units to spawn in different places instead of being solely concentrated in the middle of the area where the nuke ability has been casted. I wanted to know if anyone knows how to randomize the spawn area in this targetted spell area.

My third and last question..

I was wondering how to make a trigger than causes units to get knocked back. Like lets say I use some kind of wind ability on a unit and it gets pushed back because of the trigger that is attached to the ability.

Thanks

Level 5
1) It's only a texture. It doesn't change the cliff model.
Are you using icecrown glacier or sunken ruins as a base tileset?

2) Basically, you need to replace "Target point of ability being cast" by a random point.
  • Nukez
  • Set tempLoc1 = Target point of ability being cast
  • Set tempLoc2 = tempLoc1 offset by (Random real between 32 and 128) towards (Random real between 0 and 360) degrees
  • Comment: -- tempLoc2 is a point near tempLoc1 with distance randomly between 32 and 128 towards a random angle.
  • Comment: -- Then use tempLoc2 as a location to create your unit / effects --
  • Comment: -- At the end of the trigger, fix your leaks: --
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc1)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc2)
tempLoc1 & 2 are Point variables.

3) Check the spells section. Plenty of knockbacks there.

Level 13
What you're looking to do is "Point with Offset Location" or something similar to that.

Then put in the random reals as the range you're looking at doing. There won't be much method to it, but it'll get you closer to where you want to go. You'd be looking at putting in a formula which I can't do for anything more complex.

Level 2
@ Sadalbari

For the terrain right now... I am using icecrown. And this skin seems to be only half working Lol. It seems to get the cliffs that are by the water right. So I have a bunch of sunken underwater cliffs that are futuristic looking and the rest of the cliffs are still frosty and jagged. (P.s. sorry I forgot this is a place to ask trigger questions.. not skins :p)

... And I still couldn't pull off the temploc1 that Sadalbari gave me, sorry I haven't made maps in 4 years...
But this is what I've got
Nuke
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Nuke
Actions
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Nuclearcountdown with title Nuke's arrival!
Countdown Timer - Start Nuclearcountdown as a One-shot timer that will expire in 60.00 seconds
Game - Display to (All players) for 60.00 seconds the text: |cffff0000Warning! ...
Unit - Create 1 Nuclear Explosion Alert (large) for Neutral Extra at (Target point of ability being cast) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Target point of ability being cast) for 60.00 seconds
Sound - Play TAdUpd07 <gen>
Sound - Play Pursuit
Wait 60.00 seconds
Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
Environment - Change terrain type at (Target point of ability being cast) to Felwood - Poison using variation -1 in an area of size 5 and shape Circle
Environment - Create a 10.00 second Permanent crater deformation at (Target point of ability being cast) with radius 512.00 and depth 100.00
Sound - Stop the currently playing music theme
Unit - Create 5 Fire (large) for Neutral Hostile at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by (32.00, 128.00)) facing ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by (0.00, 360.00))

Now it doesn't seem to create the crater, change the terrain, or spawn the fire. /bangheadondesk

And for the third question, thanks I was wondering if it was a simple ability or some complex trigger.

Level 29
put BBcode to your post so that we may understand clearly...

for your trigger, you dont need to WAIT for 60 seconds coz waits is no good, you can make another trigger, which expires the "Nuclearcountdown" timer...you should learn how to make variables to avoid leaks...

as for your knockback request, I have made a knockback ability before, if you're interested just PM me...

Status
Not open for further replies.