• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

List of Hidden Material within the World Editor

Level 2
Hello everyone! I'm new here. I've found these some time ago and i haven't seen anyone sharing them, so i decided to share.

Hearthglen Abbey:
EDIT: This is not actually hidden. (LordaeronFall/Structures)
Path: Doodads\LordaeronFall\Structures\HearthglenAbbey\HearthglenAbbey

SCREENSHOT:
hearthglen_abbey.jpg

Lordaeron Wall Straight Long
Path: Doodads\LordaeronFall\Structures\LordaeronWallStraightLong\LordaeronWallStraightLong.mdl

Lordaeron Wall Straight:
Path: doodads\lordaeronfall\structures\lordaeronwallstraight\lordaeronwallstraight.mdl

Lordaeron Wall Short:
Path: doodads\lordaeronfall\structures\lordaeronwallstraightshort\lordaeronwallstraightshort.mdl

Lordaeron Wall_T:
Path: doodads\lordaeronfall\structures\lordaeronwall_t\lordaeronwall_t.mdl

Lordaeron Wall Corner:

Path: doodads\lordaeronfall\structures\lordaeronwall90\lordaeronwall90.mdl

SCREENSHOT:

lordaeron_walls.jpg

Last edited:
Level 12
So I'm not sure if anyone realized this, but Classic graphics have a skin for female DH & DK!
Just enable them on the collection and switch to classic graphics.
Female DH is pretty similar, but female DK is hella ugly!
Do you think they are under the same path as Reforged female DH and DK?

Level 18
Hey there :)
Sorry long time no update.
I'll try to be back this week-end.

I don't mean to demand much, but could you run Retera Studio and take snapshots of the models there instead?
The current technique is indeed pretty lackluster. I got my hands on RMS recently and I'll see what I can do to upload those.

EDIT: Not sure why but my own thread is not generating alert when you reply on it (yet it is watched).

What are the file paths for the demon huntress morphed form? icon, and model?
I'll check 'em out and add them.

Last edited:
Level 3

The current technique is indeed pretty lackluster. I got my hands on RMS recently and I'll see what I can do to upload those.

EDIT: Not sure why but my own thread is not generating alert when you reply on it (yet it is watched).

Looking forward to what more you can find/have found!

This list has been very handy for me already so far.

Level 7

I already posted the path for the Demon Hunter Female Morphed icon on this topic, the model is the same as non-morphed with alternate/morph animation (exactly like Illidan itself)

Level 18

I've tried to use RMS to screenshot the assets rather than use the world editor.

But when I browse the entire RMS files, it gives me the Classic version of the models (whereas it gives me the Reforged version when I browse only the unit list).

Anyone has a clue about why the unit browser would be Reforged and the asset browser could be Classic?

Level 50

I've tried to use RMS to screenshot the assets rather than use the world editor.

But when I browse the entire RMS files, it gives me the Classic version of the models (whereas it gives me the Reforged version when I browse only the unit list).

Anyone has a clue about why the unit browser would be Reforged and the asset browser could be Classic?
You can find Reforged assets this way: in RMS go to Window>Browsers>Data Browser>War3.w3mod>_hd.w3mod

You're probably going into the wrong folder. Remember all Reforged assets are in the _HD.w3mod folder (Or something like that I can't remember what its called.

Level 18
I tried Retera but for so far I'm only seeing texture-only ones
Yes, these are exactly how I expected them to be: no specullar and no metallicity.

But if we think it's fine, I can go for that.

Though I will have to make sure all screenshots are of the same size.

You're probably going into the wrong folder. Remember all Reforged assets are in the _HD.w3mod folder (Or something like that I can't remember what its called.
Yep it worked, thank you very much!

Level 18
Aight, I'm going in.

EDIT:
upload_2020-11-25_22-5-29.png upload_2020-11-25_22-5-45.png
We even have an alternative Night Elf Demon Huntress without hero glow!

EDIT2: Okay, I got all units on tape. Moving on to effects.
upload_2020-11-25_22-44-47.png
Hmm, I'm wondering what to use...

EDIT3: I'm be reimporting units/effects now...

EDIT4: I'm also adding a bunch of icons and models.

EDIT5:
UPDATED!

- Updated all hidden models with high-resolution screenshots (added thumbnails to list)
- Hidden models are now sorted by alphabetical order
- Hidden models path do not include .mdl
- Hidden models path are capitalized
- Added several new models & icons (Thalorien, Anasterian, Jenalla, Female Demon Hunter Alternate, High Elf Archmage)

Last edited:
okay, I can't seem to get High Elf Swordsman in game because it always turns into a Blood Elf Swordsman even if I checked Reign of Chaos version

If you open the Art - Model File of the swordsman unit the last bit should be HighElfSwordsman_V1 remove the _V1 to get the high elf version, I wouldn't tick any boxes just type in the model files path in the Art - Model File field hope this helps.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Level 18
The thread is finally complete!

I checked the 5 pages to look for resources you notified and I had forgotten to add and I've finally took the time to upload the Doodad list.

Last changes:
5/12/2020 | Completed List
- Added all Doodads by alphabetical order
- Added missing Icons
- Sorted unit Icons by alphabetical order
- Added missing Models
- Replaced missing attachments for Missiles & Effects
- Sorted Missiles & Effects by alphabetical order
- Updated Thread banner

I would now ask a moderator to put this list in sticky or in the tutorial category (basically the same way the classic list is stored).

Let me know if there is anything I should change.

I still want to add a downloadable map to that, but I'll do that later.

I mean it looks like that in World Editor no problem, but when I test and run the map it all turns into Blood Elf. perhaps it's a bug?
They do show up differently for me: upload_2020-12-5_17-37-2.png
Using:
upload_2020-12-5_17-37-44.png

and
upload_2020-12-5_17-38-4.png

I found several tomes yesterday. Such a shame these never saw regular use in-game.

replaceabletextures\commandbuttons\btntomeofagility.dds
replaceabletextures\commandbuttons\btntomeofintelligence.dds
replaceabletextures\commandbuttons\btntomeofpower.dds
replaceabletextures\commandbuttons\btntomeofsacrifices.dds
replaceabletextures\commandbuttons\btntomeofstrength.dds

Level 18
Yes absolutely, if you could compare it to the one I posted it'd be great as well (to avoid me checking the duplicates) but you don't have to.