• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Linking two (or more) units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How to make a unit 'point' to another one or to a group of units. I would like to not be limited (e.g. by using different unit classifications, multiple level (like... 100) abilities, arrays of variables, duplicated unit-types :razz: etc.). It may use dummy units though, I have nothing against them.

It would be particualrily useful in my attempt of creating fully featured bunker. I'm using a Gunman unit type and a dummy Gunman Loaded unit type. Currently when a Gunman is being unloaded random dummy unit of type Gunman Loaded is being removed from the game. With a linking system applied I could make it possible to remember which Gunman is which and properly simulate their mana, permanent bonuses, custom values and potentially items. Notice that there will be more unit types able to occupy a bunker.

if it appears not to be possible, I shall use arrays of variables and using custom values as indexes to it for optimization's sake.

Thank you for potential answers.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.