• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bunker Ability set: How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok, I'm looking for how to do a bunker system with multiple types of infantry, where all the units in the bunker can combat back after loading into the bunker.

My spefific variables are:

---

Bunker building (not made yet)

Infantry to load (Low-ranged like the Firebat, longerange like the Marine and Advanced Marine, and sniper-ranged units like the Ghost and Maraurder)

Ability must only effect the user's units.

---

So, how would I do it?

Level 5
I want something like the bunker from StarCraft- any form of infantry on the terran side could enter a bunker, then use thier uniqe attacks without being vulnerable, IE, use the bunker as a shield. I wish to recreate this effect.

hmm, what i would do, is make the "bunker unit" have the load ability, then when it loads, you create unit type of loaded unit at position of loading unit (or make a dummy unit for every unit that can be loaded with the same attack but have no model so that it wont look like a unit is popping its head out of the bunker if its scaled too big,) and add the locust ability to it and disable its move.

Level 13
the thing i did for this was, i gave my bunker the hero inventory ability, and made an item for every infantrytype with the phoenixfire ability, then every time a unit is loaded into your bunker you give the corresponding item to the bunker and remove it when the unit leaves the bunker, you just need to change the phoenix fires so that it has same damage/range/cooldown like the normal infantry

Level 13
well i said every thing in my post, in my map i have rocket infantry, machinegun infantry and rifle infantry, then i made 3 items, one for each infantrytype, then 3 abilities based on phoenix fire with the damage/range/cooldown of the infantry types, then you need triggers, i'm sorry i don't have them here, but they were sth like this:

• Events
    • Unit - A Unit is loaded into a transport
  • Conditions
    • loading unit equal to bunker
  • Actions
    • if triggering Unit is a rifle infantry then create rifle item at position of loading unit and give item to loading unit
    • if triggering Unit is a machinegun infantry then create machinegun item at position of loading unit and give item to loading unit
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit is issued an order targeting a unit
  • Conditions
    • issued order equal to unload
  • Actions
    • remove corresponding item from triggering unit
something like that, maybe try around a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.