• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Link to jass plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I didnt rlly no where to put this and since this is the world editor help zone i figure this is it, can i get a link to the latest version of jassnewgen plz, i have jass but i fear it may not be the latest version. Would be much appreciated.

Level 13
jngp comes with jasshelper which gives you access to vjass. then you can go to xgm.ru and get cjass for better ease of coding. cjass is relatively new, and mostly unknown to non-russian speakers, but it's a very good idea to get it if you're getting jngp since it makes coding so much easier. the only drawback is that it takes even longer to compile, with adichelper on top of jasshelper copiling your code.

Level 13
oh ya here's the link to cjass thread.
http://xgm.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=29417

hey didn't notice the tutorial, cool...

maybe after i'm done with my next big project or at least have it mostly done i'll stop to write up some tutorials.

anyway i believe you should take out that part about cjass is dead. i've been reading that many times on this website and when i was learning about jass i thought cjass was worthless because of the negative things said about it, this could be something that would make people think it's not worth downloading.

Level 13
K so latest version of jass comes wit jasshelper, no need to dl?

that depends on if you want to use the latest changes to vjass including but not limited to optional needs for libraries. it mostly becomes problematic if you try importing others' materials who use those things or if you intend to use those newest features of vjass yourself. honestly i think most of the new vjass updates are a waste of effort by the developer, but anyway it's there if you need it. and like i said, if you want cjass it doesn't come with jngp soyou definitely would need to download that.

Status
Not open for further replies.