• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

lil help with icons please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hey guys, this has been bothering me for awhile now...

just wondering if anyone knows why wen i use custom icons...that they turn green wen i push F10, they work fine in game but wen they're being channeled/in use or im in a menu they turn green, whys that and how do i fix it? thanks alot and if anyone can help me with another thing that would be great...

is there a way to make it so on the loading screen it automatically makes u ready to enter, AKA u dont have to 'Push any key to continue' thanks again REP AND CREDITS IF U HELP THANKS A MILLION

Level 11
You should know the thing with icons, that they can be BTN and DISBTN. When you import a custom icon you should write in it's path, if it's BTN, ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\((name of icon))
For DISBTN icon you write
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\((name of icon))
Here are also Passive icons and Autocast. The thing is the same but Autocast icons should have the same thing with path as BTN icons.
And thing with Loading Screen. You should take a screen shot using "Print Screen SysRq" key on the top keyboard. Paste the screenshot to PAINT and save it. Then you can use War3ModelEditor, which can be found in Hive's resource section. Use War3ModelEditor's "Extra" on the top line and "/Loading Screen Creator"
So "Extra/Loading Screen Creator"
Next you push the "..." button and select your image file. Then push "Generate" button to convert your image to BLP file. Then push "..." button again, select your BLP (just converted) image, and click OK.
Then go "File/Save" to save your model. Save it as MDX!
Import you MDX file and it's BLP texture to your map and don't edit their path!
Use "custom loading screen" for your map and choose your file there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom Minimap Preview:
The image must be 128x128 or 256x256 (of course you can use War3ModelEditor with Extras/Loading Screen Creator, but the file size will be over 100 KB, you can download Warcraft III Image Extractor and use it to convert images from TGA (used by Adobe Photoshop) to BLP (officially used by Blizzard) for editing.

Type in the imported file's custom path "War3mapPreview.(file's name extension)"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING!!

~Complete tutorial for Minimap Preview Image, Correct Icon Path and Custom Loading Screen is completed. I'll copypaste it where needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.