• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

help with changing a units team etc...plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hey anyone im rly frustrated with this map cuz im pretty sure i triggered it rite, i need it to be wen u kill a control point it goes to ur teams side, but for some reason wen team 1 kills it it goes to team 2's side if anyone wants to help ill send u the map cuz ill prolly need help later anyways -.-, i have this rly good idea but summer ends soon and i can spend less time on the comp...:sad:

ps.i also need help with the control points giving income...>.<

Level 8
"ps.i also need help with the control points giving income"

make an integer array with an index of 12, we will call this variable playerControllPointsInt

whenever a controll point is killed, tell the map to add add 1 to the array at an index of the player number of the owner of the killing unit and subtract 1 from the array at an index of the player number of the owner of the killing unit

Then make a periodic time event. Use a for next loop to give resources to each player.
For x=1 to 12 step 1
Add 15*playerControllPointsInt(x) to player(x) gold
Next

Level 1
"ps.i also need help with the control points giving income"

make an integer array with an index of 12, we will call this variable playerControllPointsInt

whenever a controll point is killed, tell the map to add add 1 to the array at an index of the player number of the owner of the killing unit and subtract 1 from the array at an index of the player number of the owner of the killing unit

Then make a periodic time event. Use a for next loop to give resources to each player.
For x=1 to 12 step 1
Add 15*playerControllPointsInt(x) to player(x) gold
Next

o.o sry i dont get any of that 3rd paragraph about telling the map to add 1 to the array, sry i dont understand integers and stuff that much i read some guides but it makes no sense to me..

Level 2
o.o sry i dont get any of that 3rd paragraph about telling the map to add 1 to the array, sry i dont understand integers and stuff that much i read some guides but it makes no sense to me..

Err... I thought that programmer=mathematician+computer...
It's hard to explain this without arrays/integers/add/subtract etc., because the computer is made from 0s and 1s!

Level 1
o sry i meant the 2nd paragraph >.< the one about changing the teams with adding integers and everything, sry for all the trouble i feel like such a noob xD

Level 1
ok ty guys but now how do i make it so that when a control point is killed it changes teams, i forget exactly how i had it triggered b4 but everytime it died it went to team 2's control and i made sure that the triggers all didnt say go to team 2 or anything like that, but now i tried to make it again but it changes control wen its only attacked once -.-
(Event-Unit-controlpoint is attacked/ Unit-controlpoint life becomes less than 75. Condition-attacking unit belongs to an ally of player red equal to true. Action-Change ownership and color of controlpoint to red/ set life of controlpoint to 100%)
wat am i doing wrong or is there a better way to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.