1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Lightning Storm(new)

Submitted by deth_lord
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is a storm system useful for some maps as an added "bonus" if you would say. Every X seconds a storm has a 50% chance of being created. If created the location is pinged and a storm starts in the area. The current area used is small to give a greater feel for it. The area will become a stormy weather system also that is destroyed when the storm ends which is decided by the user with some changes. The bolts themselves deal around 200 damage to buildings and 30% of their max hp in an area of 400 around the bolt. The bolt angle and location is random inside the area. Units in an area of 300 hit by the bolt have a chance to instantly die, and if they don't they take 20% of their max hp in damage and are then knocked back.

This spell was enhanced by me to become a storm but the original "bolt" was made by Paladon.

There are no leaks to this system so far as tested by me.

This is my first attempt at a spell and all of it is in GUI, I'm so sorry for you JASS fans... :p

Updated:
-Changed many of the variable uses to local variables
-put more creeps on the map and spread them out so it's easier to test
-Patched up one leak i found (no one else found it though thank goodness) :D

Keywords:
lightning, storm, storm system, system, lightning storm, lightning storm system, deth_lord, Bob marley
Contents

Lightning Storm (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 08:38, 15th Jun 2010 Hanky: I found some stuff that should be improved: - null locals otherwise they'll leak - to hardcode rawcodes isn't a good idea, newbies will have problems...
  1. deth_lord

deth_lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    if you can't figure out simple gui you probably shouldn't be mapping :/ but alas, i will probably change it.