• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Lightning showing through units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Is there a possible way to make it so lightning doesn't show through everything no matter what? As it is right now it reacts like floating text and shows through units and even doodads I believe. I was wondering if there was a way to change it so it appears behind units.

For example if I create a lightning effect and set the point it originates from to a point behind a unit it will still show through the unit.

The lightning shows through the unit even though it originates at the units origin.
115125d1340546454-making-good-looking-combined-lightning-effect-lightning.jpg

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Have you tried to set that Boolean option to false ? Does it change anything ?

Level 14
The lightning I mean is triggered lightning effects. I can't find any option to set to false I'm afraid. I'll keep looking into it though. Thanks for the reply.

I am wondering if something will have to be editted in the LightningData.slk

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

If you use this:
  • Custom script: set udg_YOURVARIABLE = AddLightningEx(LIGHTNING TYPE, CHECKVISIBILITY, X1, Y1, Z1, X2, Y2, Z2)
Then I wondered whether the CHECKVISIBILITY Boolean changes anything.

I have this problem in my system, too. Probably something with that slk you mentioned

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh, I know, there is a texture option that makes the texture overlap others. I am not sure how to fix it, I think I would need a model to change the settings.

Level 14
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't see a field that I can edit that would change it. I'll do some experimenting though. I really appreciate your help. I'll be sure to let you know if I figure anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.