• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make flying units not see through trees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to create an underwater tree tag type map. At the moment I've got it so that sharks etc cannot fly over trees however they can still see through them to see the dolphins without first cutting them down. I'd just make them hover instead but its really cool having it so they can swim (fly) up cliffs, and it also means that the dolphins cant get anywhere that the sharks cant by using blink as ive gone a bit crazy with the terraining.

So yeah its a multiplayer map. Any ideas? :)

Level 19
one idea is to remove vision of all units and create dummy vision ground units. 2nd was using hover and to turn off collision size if they come close to the cliffs,trees etc.

2nd won't work properly with the movement order I think
(the unit will run around the obstacle as long as the order is not explicit on top of it)

however the first one should work fine

Level 2
Afaik changing the occlusion height of the destructable(or tree in your case) should work. If you don't want any unit to look over it, set it to something very high.
I tried this, I set it to max but for some reason it didn't work.
At the moment I have them dropping units as suggested, it works pretty damn well but its a little laggy if theres lots of players in the game but still works brilliantly :) thanks every1

Status
Not open for further replies.