• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning Effects - Change Color

Level 3
Trying to make a Purple Lightning effect using the Finger of Death effect. Custom Spell is called "Oblivion".

Followed the trigger events in this doc: Beginner's Guide to Lightning Effects

Thing is the lightning effects remain unchanged and it's still red. What could I be doing wrong?
1701654474528.png

Level 3
I think actions of the sort only work on lightning effects you create via triggers, not the ones used by spells
I guess I am a bit confused? Based on how it was explaining the effect, the action of changing the lightning color would be tied to the lightning effect used in the spell (Condition).

Last edited:
Level 39
You cannot modify spell lightning effects with triggers because there is no way to refer to the lightning handle itself, since there is no way to enum lightning effects and last created lightning effect is not assigned to them.

Begins casting occurs before mana cost and cooldown are consumed. The lightning effect wouldn’t even exist then. 99% of the time you want to use Starts the effect of an ability.

Level 3
So essentially it is not possible without a third party software/download?