• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Lightning Dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I am trying to make a spell that "captures" a building. Trigger wise is good, the lightning however isn't.

The spell has a 10 sec casting time, and I want a lightning effect to exist between the caster and target until the spell has been cast. More or less like the Channel spell, but because the spell is essential and I am gonna trigger some AI, I can't use the Channel spell (bots won't cast it)

I've done this before, but I can't remember how. Anyone has ideas?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Your answer sounds like:

"maybe if you figure it out yourself, you wouldn't need help

dafuq? I already based it on life drain, mana drain, mana burn, firebolt etc..

I need a spell that will show lightning effects on casting time, not after. And trigger based lightning effects are messy.

Level 14
Your answer sounds like:

"maybe if you figure it out yourself, you wouldn't need help

dafuq? I already based it on life drain, mana drain, mana burn, firebolt etc..

I need a spell that will show lightning effects on casting time, not after. And trigger based lightning effects are messy.

Oh. Sorry. This will help.

• Events
    • Unit - a units starts casting an ability
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - create dummy 1 at position of casting unit
    • Set last created unit = caster dummy
    • Unit - create dummy 2 at position of target unit of ability being cast
    • Unit - order dummy 2 to cast dummy ability to caster dummy
The dummy ability is a channeling ability based to "mana drain" so it will look like there's a lightning effect.

PS : I know that the trigger leaks.

Level 20
Create a channeling ability based on Channel with some other Base Order ID and data ID. Make it channel 10 seconds

When the unit begins casting, create a Lightning between Caster Point and Target Point. If map only has one unit per player casting it, you can save it as "ThiefLight[PlayerNumber]". Otherwise you can set it to the unit index "ThiefLight[CustomValue of (Casting Unit)]" You can also handle it with a hashtable.

If he stops channeling, break the light. If he finishes. Break the light.

So far, I think you'll need to save the X of both light points. The Y of both light points. The handle of target and caster, and channeling time in a hashtable, and create the lighting and channeling effect using that data =/

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Sorry. Will give it a try, but I already gave up on the capture-building project. Still +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.