• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummy unit spell caster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hmmm..... 1 question about dummy who casts the spell:

is it possible for dummy unit to cast custom spells??? everytime when i change something in original spell, the spell in -order desappears...???

and 1 more ^^ : how can i make missile visible for chain lightning??? i want to delete lightning effects and see only missile.

... thank you 4 report :eekani:

Level 22
Ofc it is - you just need to know what your custom spell is based on and order the dummy to cast the spell with triggers Order unit to Arch Mage - Blizzard, Demon Hunter - Mana Burn, etc. You need to know if your ability is targeting a point, unit or no target, Then use the trigger order targeting a point/unit/no target depending on where your ability belongs to.

E.g you have SOme earthquake based on Thunder Clap. Then choose the trigger Order Your Dummy with no target - Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap.

------------

If you want the missile to be jumping from 1 target to another, you may have to create a dummy at the position of each enemy targeting with a missile the next one. Otherwise delete the Art- Lightning Effects Chaing LIghtning and anything that this effect.

I don't know the anatomy of a chain lightning but yeah, you need dummis cause the missile won't fly to every target.

Last edited:
Level 3
hm.. is it this: i create a thunder clap with 500 damage (thats a custom spell) and i give that spell to dummy, than order him to cast no target - humman mountin k. thunder clap, so that 2 spell are the same type so the dummy unit will cast (custom) thunder clap not original???? (0,o)?

Level 2
casting from dummy

@theTerran

what is the GUI for making a dummy cast a spell/Ability? i understand what you are talking about but can't find it in the GUI.

Thanks

Level 19
Using a dummy for chain-lightning thing:
  • BlahBlah
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <Ability>
    • Actions
      • Set Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set TargetLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 <DummyUnit> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TargetLoc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add <AbilityWhichWillBeCastByDummy> to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning Target // for chain-lightning ability
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TargetLoc)
      • Custom script: set udg_Target = null

Status
Not open for further replies.