• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lighting Manipulation: Time Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible using 2 custom DNCs, 1 for the normal DNC and 1 for the effect DNC, but not possible if you want it completely grey as the game treats gray light as normal. Primary and Secondary colors work the best (ex. Full red environment lighting will turn everything red). It will be the same idea like the lightning/storm system I did in my map.

Last edited:
Here I made a test map for you (DNC changes when you mouse down and mouse up / hold LMB or RMB to see the custom DNC). I also included the source file of the DNC (staticdnc.mdl and dynamicdnc.mdl in the import manager) incase you need to edit it.

You can edit it using Magos Model Editor > Node Manager > Light > and then change the colors, then make sure to save it as mdl file again and convert it to mdx using MDLX converter (Magos Model Editor has a bug when saving DNC models - exporting DNC models to MDX format will make your lighting ingame completely black so I recommend converting it with MDLX converter instead).

Attachments

• dncchangetst.w3x
    20.3 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.