• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lifesteal and Hardened Skin Stacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
is lifesteal and hardened skin stackeable?

if hardened skin isn't stackeable will it work 2 times (2 chance to block attack) if i put 2 abilities on a unit with 50% of blocking?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
no, highest one applies, I believe.

hardened skin doesn't work like that, it reduces a flat amount of damage from hit. I believe only the one with the higher amount of damage reduced will apply. (Haven't tested either of these)

Level 12
If you're talking about normal lifesteal (not vampiric aura or -potion), it does never stack. The one which is used is determined by the following rule:
Take the ls ability from the items with the highest slot priority (if an item has multiple ls abilities take the last one in the list) and compare it to the last aquired non-item lifesteal ability. The one which is acquired later is used.

Damage block stacks to some extent. On one attack only one damage block ability is able to take effect, while the last acquired (pick up for item or lvl 1 for a normal skill) ability is checked first.

Example:
You pick up an item that blocks 50% 100 damage. After that you pick up an item that blocks 100% 1 damage.
-> you will always block 1 damage and never be able to take advantage of the better ability.

If you first pick up the 100% 1 damage block and after that the 50% 100 damage block, you will in 50% block 100 damage and in cases where the good ability fails block 1 damage

Mind that damage block follows the pseudorandom distribution Blizzard implemented and therefore has a bit lower chance to proc than actually specified in the ability.
(except at an chance of 100%, that one really is 100%)

Last edited:
The title is fine. Christ.

Please read this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq/#trolling

This might help :
Last edited by PurgeandFire; 10-14-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: edited the title to be more specific

Okay, back to topic, I believe Hardened Skin stack based on how the damage amount applies (if 1st has 30% chance for 50 null and 2nd has 100% chance for 5 null, when the 30% happened the 100% will get overridden due to lower value.)

Status
Not open for further replies.