• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Hardened Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hardened Skin [SOLVED]

Hi, I'm having a problem with the spell Hardened Skin. It simply doesn't work. I've tried making a custom spell from it which didn't work. Then I've tested the base ability (Hardened Skin), messing with all fields, but it didn't work at all. I have even made a new map just to check if there was something in my original map that was preventing Hardened Skin from working, but that was also unsuccessful. I've started a Melee game to see if that spell even works in my WC3, and it does. I've already reinstalled NewGen WE, but I'm still having the same problem. Can someone help me fix this?

Additional information:
-I've removed Techtree - Requirements
-I've removed Techtree - Check Dependencies
-I've researched Hardened Skin via Scenario > Upgrade Properties
-I've tested the spell on original unit Stone Giant and it didn't work
-I've set armor of attacked unit that possesses this ability to 0 and set "Data - Minimum Damage", "Data - Ignored Damage" and "Data - Chance to Reduce Damage" to values that would make a damage reduction obvious
-I've tried researching the ability via Hunter's Hall
-I've tested the skill completely unchanged and it still didn't work

Any kind of help or advice is really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Level 1
Do you have a test map?
I've found out what's the problem:
-For some reason the Hardened Skin doesn't work when attacked by allied units, even though the "Targets Allowed" field is checked with "Enemy" and "Allied" by default.
-When I tested Melee map I attacked Stone Giant that has Hardened Skin with an allied unit and the damage reduction worked.
So the question is: why doesn't damage reduction work on allied units in my map or any of my test maps and does when playing Melee game.

Anyway, I don't plan to make allied units attack each other, I was just testing the skill by attacking an allied unit and I thought it doesn't work at all. Problem is solved for me. :thumbs_up:

Thanks for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.