• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] hardened skin custom ability not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ultimately, I'm trying to accomplish the solution that was reached in this thread: How let Ethereal Units attack?

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but when I create a custom ability with hardened skin as the base, it just won't work on the unit. The default hardened skin ability is working fine.

I've tested every combination of stats numbers for the ability that I can think of, including leaving everything (including the ability name) as the default. I've also made sure to add the ability to the unit during each stage of testing. Even when every value is left as default, the ability still doesn't mitigate damage in game like it is supposed to. I've tested with both hostile and allied attackers.

So yeah, that's where I'm at. Thanks in advance for the help folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.