• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

'Lghtning Attack' causes the game to crash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
When two units with the ability 'Lightning Attack' attack one same unit at the same time the game crashes.. Can somebody explain me why and how do I fix this?

There's also lags even when only one unit is attacking with this ability..

Level 13
I'm not aware of any intrinsic problem with Lightning Attack, multiple Chimaeras attack all the time without lag so there must be something else causing the problem.
Do you have any triggers that deal with the same units whose attacks are causing problems?

Level 13
Does removing LA fix the problem?

I can only assume some trigger is potentially infinitely looping in the background and it just so happens to occur when these particular units attack.

However, without more to go on this is only speculation. You could try posting the map/triggers maybe someone will have an idea or think of something to help.

Level 20
Post the map( so the helpers can easily identify the issue ) you can remove the lightning ability and see if the problem still occurs, if the problem is solved by removing it then the Lightning attack causes it to crash, did you configure that Lightning attack? If yes then reset it to default values and test it again, Maybe the lightning model is broken or corrupted? Try different lightning model. Did the problem appears at any map? You can test the ability in a new testmap with no triggers ( as you said that it generates lag first before it crashed right? ) it is weird that you have no any trigger files that causes the problem.

Level 11
Okay, I don't know how and why, but the problem disappeared on it's own...
The Lightning Attack was not configured, and there was no on-damage triggers for the Lightning Attack...

But if the problem occurs again, I'll reply on this thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.