• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LF partner for a more then half done Enfos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Yo, Am working on a enfo themed map. Its tileset is based off sunken ruins, where the monsters come out of a cave and follows the path through the jungle to the temple at the other side.

Anyways, I've done most of the annoying work.
The map is functioning etc, with spawn triggers, movement.
Life, defeat. Teleports etc. Hero selection. These are all done.

I've also added a few items and potions and ordered them up quite nicely.
The terrain is above average I must admit. I also have a bounty system that divides gold to the amount of players, and I also have global xp.
This is added to encourage teamwork, couriering items, and no "kill-stealing".

Several waves have been added, so the map is basiclly all ready for testing and the lot.

There is one major thing missing though: Several heroes. I've almost run out of juice to work on this map, and havent finished any yet. I dont mind creating all the items / more waves etc (trying to have more entertaining waves rather then the tank and spank waves that usually come).

So am looking for a partner that dont mind creating a few heroes (And do more work on the map). Credits will go 50/50 ofc on the map (my name first though :3). This map is created with GUI, not Jass. And I would like to keep it that way.

Me: Am 19 years old, working in norway as a "Computer Fixer", I've created like 30 maps or so, for my LAN parties. Most of them never got polished enough to be posted here. But I got my hopes up on this one, and would love to see it done.

I expect you to be somewhat experienced with the editor ofc. And I dont want simple and boring heroes here. Abilities which makes u think a little out of the box, requiring more movement, or more clicking. This is what am aiming for.

Example: One spell I made: Spikes burst out of the shredder, impaling any enemy hit. If the shredder's spikes touch any enemy, they will start to bleed.
¨
Simple spell no? But: There is an initial damage, and a dot afterwards.
So u should try to get surrounded by as many enemies as possible, but not totally surrounded, then u release the spikes. After that, try to touch as many enemies as u possibly can to deal the most damage. (The initial damage only comes once, but the bleed can effect as many as u like.)
^

Simple spell, yet, requirs TAD bit of thinking. This is what am aiming for.

Here are a few screenshots:
http://img96.imageshack.us/i/picture1qj.png/
http://img51.imageshack.us/i/picture2qxq.png/
http://img99.imageshack.us/i/picture3bq.png/

Last edited:
Level 6
hmm sounds intresting me and my friend started to make a map like this long time ago except every 10 levels it was a boss level and the boss was a scripted boss fight we made it go up for level 40 and each boss we named after 1 of our friends and based their abilities off the person like for example we had a friend who loved heavy metal music and was a ragger alot of times on games so we gave him 2 spells 1 called rock out made quitar arthas around him and shot them straight in directions around him another was rage he turn all red and attack faster and more damage but his movement speed slowed, id be happy to help im good at heroes i know the editor really well and i know how to do gui but i cant make mui spells at all aint that good with gui yet.

Level 6
I dont mind "Unserious" heroes and spells, I myself have a "man-eater" mob on my map (which is a high elf woman). But having every boss with unserious spells is not quite my intention :p

So how experienced are you? Got any maps(demos works aswell)? Sorry for asking alot of questions, but quality is my aim =).

Nvm, I didnt read all u said. That "Enrage" of yours is quite nice, which is perfect for my map. Simple to make, yet, requires a tad bit of thinking from the players.

MUI spells arent needed, so far atleast, so no worries=)

Last edited:
Level 2
I would be very interested in this....

Currently I am working on a Legion TD clone(ish) seeing as how the official updates have stopped and the map is still very buggy.

What do you need? Please feel free to send me an e-mail

My skills would be balance and concept/ideas as well as terrain and making the map not a Enfo's clone but rather a successor of Enfo's. I went to college for 3D modeling if you needed anything like that and I am very experienced in Photoshop. (Custom buttons and models I would only want to add if absolutely needed)

I don't have any finished projects or many maps I feel you would be interested in seeing I usually have a great idea that I get really excited about, but burn myself out on it after a few days.

I think finding a partner/co-worker would keep enthusiasm flowing in my map making and hopefully let me finish a project.

If you would like a demo of my skill just send me a request of something you would want me to do and I will bust it out as quick as I can.

Thanks for your time, hope to hear from you.

Level 6
woa, can't say I expected a reply, thought this one died out. Well, I sendt the map to Frankie, but I haven't heard from him for like 2 weeks, so I guess he ditched out. I must say you're English is rather superior.

But I know just how you feel, I create hundreds of ideas in my head that sadly doesnt come to life. I even write it all down and get all excited about it.

How experienced are you with triggers? (GUI).

Level 2
Ummm Triggers/coding is not my strong suit, unfortunately.

I can do unique and interesting hero's as well as come up for spell concepts as well as create custom textures, if we have the need.

If you can make the spells, we will be in business.

Last edited:
Level 6
I could make spells, but the thing is that I wanted a partner for those, kinda. Making triggers and tooltips for 10ish heroes is aloooot of work.

Anyways, I got alot to talk about, + send you the map, since u mite want to see it first. See what it is all about. I did add you on skype, would be alot easier to talk there=)

Status
Not open for further replies.