• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Let's Roleplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I am interested in some roleplay (story acting, not to be confused with RPGs), but other RPers are a rare sight in battle.net, anyone else?

Story Acting maps such as SotDRP, RoTRP, Forgotten Lands RP, etc. where you all are given a Spawner of sorts (invulnerable, can move instantly to anywhere and transports 10 units anywhere instantly, units trained will end up at the same location the Spawner is) and you're free to develop the story using all the units and stuffs available, plus, you can modify the stats of your units using commands, just don't be too overpowered (OP)......

My Account: dorec (mine) or breaky (my cousin's, available in all reams)

Realm: Preferably Lordaeron (U.S. West), but we can also RP in other realms
Time: Discuss First
Map(s): SotDRP (later) or LoaP Nerubian
Theme(s) for Spawner-based RPs: Free/Undefined/No Theme (you can be an adventurer or the ruler of a mighty nation, etc.)

Spawner-based RP maps (like SotDRP) also have many commands, but there's a website that lists all of them: Ancient Tome of Spawner Roleplaying

SotDRP gives you more freedom, you can change the stats and size, etc. of units and structures below the set limit by host (just don't be too OP). The drawback is, you'll have to design everything (towns, villages, terrain, interiors, youknowwhatImean).
==========
While LoaP is simple and everything has been created for you, however you don't get to wage fantasy-style wars and even modern ones. And you don't get to terrain and decorate the scenery...

But it provides jobs for your heroes ingame, and many of the jobs are fun. You can also buy a house and live there......

Last edited:
Level 22
LoaP? Might give it a try next time, but should we try SotDRP first? Because in my opinion,

SotDRP gives you more freedom, you can change the stats and size, etc. of units and structures below the set limit by host (just don't be too OP). The drawback is, you'll have to design everything (towns, villages, terrain, interiors, youknowwhatImean).

SotDRP also has many commands, but there's a website that lists all of them: Ancient Tome of Spawner Roleplaying
==========
While LoaP is simple and everything has been created for you, however you don't get to wage fantasy-style wars and even modern ones. And you don't get to terrain and decorate the scenery...

But it provides jobs for your heroes ingame, and many of the jobs are fun. You can also buy a house and live there......

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
It gives you much freedom, yes, but the fact that you have to create everything yourself is pretty time consuming.
I see the charm of such maps, of course, but I think you need way to much time setting up your world in the first place. Personally (tastes are different, of course ;)) I simply prefer creating that directly in the editor instead of ingame.
About LoaP: You should see the wars we (me and some friends) had between mafia, police and even the druglord (or "undeath Lord" for the Nerubian Version which also includes Scourge and Nerubians). If one combines that with the casual player... That's some fun, I assure you. ;)

Level 22
I'll try out LoaP Nerubian, in the past I thought it was boring because I played alone (I couldn't access Battle.Net in the past, and none of my friends play Warcraft III)...

But when a lot of people join LoaP, things can be different and fun. Give me some time to think about it -- whether I should pick LoaP or SotDRP (or RoTRP Ashenvale).

Level 21
I have played LoaP alone before,and I think it might be fun if a few people play it.Hey Shar,will you join if Cakey decides we should play it?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I've realized that the LoaP Nerubian 1.3 from Hive can't be found at MakeMeHost, therefore I requested its upload there. The version that's up currently is... unprotected and seems to have some strange stuff added. We could try it out though, or wait until they accepted the version I sent them (if they accept it).
About time: I should have enough time today (it's currently 13:33, Sunday here), if you want to play today. Else, during the week is rather difficult for me.

Level 22
What rpg?

BTW
Story Acting RP maps such as SotDRP, RoTRP, Forgotten Lands RP, etc. where you all are given a Spawner of sorts (invulnerable, can move instantly to anywhere and transports 10 units anywhere instantly, units trained will end up at the same location the Spawner is) and you're free to develop the story using all the units and stuffs available, plus, you can modify the stats of your units using commands, just don't be too overpowered (OP)......

Status
Not open for further replies.