• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lego Starcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
It would be nice if all these cheesy starcraft videos were made by people who actually played starcraft and/or were made with any actual care for consistency. They're cute, but why call them starcraft videos if they do nothing but recycle memes repeated by people who don't know the game and/or vaguely resemble the game's units?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
My irritation is that 2 dragoons killed a bunker + 2 marines and firebats and then took 4 siege tank blasts + goliath shooting to kill them. The deaths were added when they please instead of being atleast related to about when they should happen.

Also the carriers were a bit out of place.

Level 40
Oh come on stop crying, this actually does look like Starcraft, I don't understand why do you say these people never played it...
And oh man, I just loved the siege tanks deployment part!
Because they have no understanding of unit strength or strategy, let alone that Goliaths don't use missiles against ground targets and Dragoons don't change range randomly.

Level 40
And what's the big deal with it?
It's just a video and it's not that easy to make one with lego you know. I mean they did something wrong, but that doesn't make their video or starcraft game look worse.
It pisses me off because it's like those people who go "Zergling rush" or "Construct additional pylons" or "kekekekekeke" but actually know next to nothing about SC and very likely have never even played it; sure, it's cute at first, but in the end it portrays wannabe nerds trying to look nerdy a bit too desperately.

Level 22
The thing is, this is indeed a lego SC unit unlike above:

I have to agree a plastic square and 3 lego parts making a unit doesnt make it much like a unit, and the lego SC has some barely resembling units. Though it is nice idea how the plastic fire that I've had as a kid, is used as firebat missile and similar.

Level 31
it would be nice if all these cheesy starcraft videos were made by people who actually played starcraft and/or were made with any actual care for consistency. They're cute, but why call them starcraft videos if they do nothing but recycle memes repeated by people who don't know the game and/or vaguely resemble the game's units?

my irritation is that 2 dragoons killed a bunker + 2 marines and firebats and then took 4 siege tank blasts + goliath shooting to kill them. The deaths were added when they please instead of being atleast related to about when they should happen.

Also the carriers were a bit out of place.

because they have no understanding of unit strength or strategy, let alone that goliaths don't use missiles against ground targets and dragoons don't change range randomly.

loooool!! Wtttttffffffff

you know that its Lego right? also know that this isnt Professional made, and also know that it was made for fun. I dont think he would actualy freaking loses his time to calculate Damage and Hp and see what would kill what and at what rate.

Level 31
It does not need to be completly accurate. But sure as hell it should appear to be starcraft and not some custom map where dragoons are archons.

Read this, i wont say anything more, so dont loose time on trying to find arguement, its useless. lol.

ITT: serious fans being serious about a fanmade lego video of Starcraft.

Nerd harder.

Level 13
Please stay on topic.

The fact still remains the initial video was impressive with its use of lego but the poor special effects and bad design ruined it to a large degree.

Poor special effects? Seriously? You do realize that this was probably made by some bored guy one day to kill some time, not to create a huge spectacle of awesome with Hollywoodlike CGI and effects? Seriously, what does it take to please you!?

Level 26
It's not just because the goliaths shoot missiles at ground targets. It's what such features indicate: That this person doesn't really know much about Starcraft. He's not displaying tremendous fandom and worship. He's just trying to show off by pretending he's displaying tremendous fandom and worship. Which is about as pathetic as pointing it out, like I'm doing right now.

That being said, I'm not really too concerned, and think it's a nice, cute little movie. I'm just saying I can see where you're coming from.

Level 40
Exactly. To me it's the same as people who go "kekekekeke" or "zerg rush" or some other recycled phrase that nobody who actually plays Starcraft uses. Is it really too much to demand some quality in fanboy work, especially when the least you are asking is for the units to even remotely resemble those ingame?

If it wasn't for the art I wouldn't know which units were which since the stats were so off.

Level 4
What is actually irritating is that some of you people actually care about those details or flaws caused by the human factor.
I have to say the video looked awesome, just stop taking it so god damn seriously.
It's lego, but most of all a parody based of Starcraft. You guys need to chill yo bawlls.

I don't understand why people seem to think that since something is fanmade based on something you like makes it automatically deserving of your worship regardless of quality.

who's worshiping him?

it was entertaining to the least.
although he made it incredibly inaccurate, it doesnt really matter that much.

if you're mad because he doesn't play starcraft too much then there's no reason to judge the guy.

If he had actually put account to the Health and damage of all the units, this video would be like 18-30 minutes long (however a real match takes) and animating that would just be boring and take forever.

also he could have just ran out of legos to actually make 3 or 4 dragoons, and like others have said, it's just out of his leisure time and for fun. why make a project if you don't enjoy doing so (unless you get paid.)

appreciate the amount of time put into even this cruddy video, and that he at least made the units Recognizable.

Level 26
stfu you nerds raging over his freaking strategy the point of the thing was to make a lego recreation of sc not for a bunch of turds to go "OMG THAT IS UNREELSTIC" stfu there are brain eating aliens in this game wtf is realistic
I'm more or less ambivalent (read: indifferent) about this thread, so as a fun little side activity, count the logical fallacies in the preceding post.

Level 40
I'm more or less ambivalent (read: indifferent) about this thread, so as a fun little side activity, count the logical fallacies in the preceding post.
I can't say exactly, but I count around four unique fallacies (that is, I'm not counting 2+ instances of the same fallacy, or that post would have over 9000 ad hominems already), which is remarkable for one or two sentences.

It's also pretty funny that he's lecturing us on the nature of the game when he clearly knows next to nothing about it. 'Brain-eating aliens'?

who's worshiping him?

it was entertaining to the least.
although he made it incredibly inaccurate, it doesnt really matter that much.

if you're mad because he doesn't play starcraft too much then there's no reason to judge the guy.

If he had actually put account to the Health and damage of all the units, this video would be like 18-30 minutes long (however a real match takes) and animating that would just be boring and take forever.

also he could have just ran out of legos to actually make 3 or 4 dragoons, and like others have said, it's just out of his leisure time and for fun. why make a project if you don't enjoy doing so (unless you get paid.)

appreciate the amount of time put into even this cruddy video, and that he at least made the units Recognizable.
See, that's the thing (by the way, "your worship" was obviously hyperbole). You seem to think that just because someone put effort into something means it should heed no criticism and should be well received by fans.

No. If someone posts an OMG I AMZ STARCRAFT NERD video which clearly shows that they aren't, I'll call them on it. I don't get a hardon just because it's Starcraft, just like I find it annoying when someone says something cliche like "Zerg rush" but totally chokes when you mention anything actually related to the game, because all they know about it is a few recycled phrases.

Level 7
See, that's the thing (by the way, "your worship" was obviously hyperbole). You seem to think that just because someone put effort into something means it should heed no criticism and should be well received by fans.

No. If someone posts an OMG I AMZ STARCRAFT NERD video which clearly shows that they aren't, I'll call them on it. I don't get a hardon just because it's Starcraft, just like I find it annoying when someone says something cliche like "Zerg rush" but totally chokes when you mention anything actually related to the game, because all they know about it is a few recycled phrases.

Dude just let it go already, you're starting to look like a whiny kid. Also I think you are missing the point of the video which is JUST to be lego based machinima of Starcraft. No where in the video did I see claim that it was based on gritty hard Starcraft realism, and infact it looks more like it was technology based because as much as I love terran the protoss would probably wipe them out in minutes.

Also if I had to criticize I thought the marines looked like crap and he should have put a UI on the video.

Level 11
Also I think you are missing the point of the video which is JUST to be lego based machinima of Starcraft. No where in the video did I see claim that it was based on gritty hard Starcraft realism
It did imply that it was based on Starcraft, which is the point he is trying to make.

I don't really care though. IMO, it would have looked better if he made the units slightly larger and added in more detail to them, as currently some of them look a bit crappy. :eek:

Level 22
It did imply that it was based on Starcraft, which is the point he is trying to make.

I don't really care though. IMO, it would have looked better if he made the units slightly larger and added in more detail to them, as currently some of them look a bit crappy. :eek:

Some of them consist of 3 pieces and it didnt look like he wanted to do quality out of it -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.