• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legends of Arkain - Commander Thorn

Commander Thorn - model made for the Legends of Arkain by the man himself Shar Dundred
Inspired by the great artwork of VastanX featuring the Redfist Commander Thorn

Make sure to check both the incredible campaign series and the incredible artworks aswell !

Base model: Footman by johnwar and some animations from Asssssvi and other edited and added by me
The model is wrapped to fit CloudWolf s skin "Scarlet footman" in order to fit with the other units in the Campaign
Model uses the following path for the custom texture: scarlet.blp
Icons made by the man Mustang , be sure to check them out !

Update:
-Changed helmet
-New Dissipate animation ( deleted Decay animations)
-Small re-wraps
-New Icon

Please credit the author CloudWolf aswell if you use this model.
Previews
Contents

Legends of Arkain - Commander Thorn (Model)

Thorn Icon (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
A very good model edit and good use of custom textures. Works in-game and performs well.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
While I disagree with the notion that the helmet needed captain WINGS out of all things, I do think it
would look even better if it had a different shape.

I know you like using this shape - a lot ;) - but especially taking the drawing into consideration
I would argue that a different, new shape might upgrade the model. ;)

Alternatively the existing shape could be improved by making the visor smaller or even very very
small - as in just enough space to see the eyes, maybe have the rest be "blackened" by shadows?
I think that a smaller visor for the helmet could be a neat idea for several of your models using the helmet.
While maybe "dehumanizing" the model it could make it more intimidating in my opinion.

Level 34
While I disagree with the notion that the helmet needed captain WINGS out of all things, I do think it
would look even better if it had a different shape.

I know you like using this shape - a lot ;) - but especially taking the drawing into consideration
I would argue that a different, new shape might upgrade the model. ;)

Alternatively the existing shape could be improved by making the visor smaller or even very very
small - as in just enough space to see the eyes, maybe have the rest be "blackened" by shadows?
I think that a smaller visor for the helmet could be a neat idea for several of your models using the helmet.
While maybe "dehumanizing" the model it could make it more intimidating in my opinion.
I went with a classic spartan type of helmet since the one from the drawing would be to detailed. Now I rly can t say for sure if I should add a face or should leave the helmet empty. It does indeed look more menacing.
Deff a face that will haunt the orcs for a long time

Level 24
I like the model. Making models myself, I know how difficult can be when textures are involve.

1664641033526.png

Maybe something like this can be done? I know texture are reflected to the other half of the model. Maybe I could help with the texture.

Level 34
I like the model. Making models myself, I know how difficult can be when textures are involve.

View attachment 409625

Maybe something like this can be done? I know texture are reflected to the other half of the model. Maybe I could help with the texture.
That looks dope. I have something in mind, maybe I can make it without using a custom made texture, will see after :D

Level 34

View attachment 409625

1664655124521.png

Nailed it?

Last edited: