• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legend of the Orbs

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Go on an adventure into a world where you are able to change you're own outcome in this epic campaign style multiplayer RPG based map.

-Be one of the four heroes, Dregon a Warrior, Talroy a Paladin, Sunami an Assassin,
and Liou Tyrong, a Wizard as your main character.
-Obtain Orbs used to summon powerful creatures capable of taking down armies alone,
along with strong damage dealing special-effect packed abilities.
-Do various things to change the outcome of the game's storyline as well as gaining
powerful new items and abilities.
-Fight unique bosses with custom trigger based designed AI, for challenging fights.
-Game fully winnable with each character played solo.
-Play with an AI as the other players to follow you around and fight alongside you!

Red = Dregon(Warrior)
Blue = Talroy(Paladin)
Purple = Sunami(Assassin)
Dark Green = Liou Tyrong(Wizard)

Warrior Pros: High Health/High Armor/Ability to taunt enemies and take the damage
/Can stun/Can reduce enemies armor, and deal area of effect damage, but not as
effective as others.
Warrior Cons: Medium Damage/Medium Speed/Low Mana

Paladin Pros: Balanced Stats/Able to heal allies/Turn Invulnerable/Can stun and
eventually deal area of effect damage, as well as great against undead enemies.
Paladin Cons: Balanced Stats means he's not always the best in certain situations.

Assassin Pros: High Damage/High Speed/Ability to go invisible, poison, and deal area
of effect damage, as well as creating clones to confuse the enemy.
Assassin Cons: Medium Health/Medium Armor/Low Mana

Wizard Pros: High Mana/Ranged Attack/Can drain mana, summons down blizzards, shoots
lightning, uses a mana shield for defense or silence the enemy. High Spell damage.
Wizard Cons: Lowest of all other stats, can die easy.

Official Website: http://loto.forums-free.com/

Keywords:
RPG, Epic, Multiplayer, Campaign, Warrior, Paladin, Assassin, Rogue, Wizard, Mage, Quests, Dregonx
Contents

Legend of the Orbs (Map)

Reviews
08:57, 17th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: This won't get approved anytime soon: - Long loading time - Game lags since the map is huge - The map is huge - Useless - The terrain is horrible - The heroes are poorly made - Regular renamed...

M

08:57, 17th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
This won't get approved anytime soon:

- Long loading time
- Game lags since the map is huge
- The map is huge - Useless
- The terrain is horrible
- The heroes are poorly made
- Regular renamed spells
- No resource crediting
- The cinematic is poorly made

There were a lot of other problems, this were some of the main, this won't get approved here sorry, Rejected.

Level 1
well i played this map in singleplayermode with the paladin and i have to say...
its pretty good

++alot skill-levels
++maaassive armors X_x
++good story

but beside that, it has also some big flaws:

--that hell machines at that castle siege are very overpowered =O
summoning+9k ranged dmg+ masses of them+"sunder armo".->not fair
--that "darkness" system is pretty lame... it seems you have no way to decrease the % so i WILL definately lose on singleplayer(its just a matter of time)
you really should have done another system...not this "use it like 8-10 times and you lose completely"
--why to hell does the warrior have a hero armer when everybode else have medium/light/heavy armor types? its pretty not fair =/ give him medium or unarmed(or something else) cause he always gets reduced dmg =/
--why do shields always reduce dmg =O doesnt make sense...reducing attackspeed,okay...this would make sense. but not reducing the dmg per hit D=

atm 3,5/5
fix the flaws and its s big 5/5 =D

Level 1
Legend of the Orbs

>The maps loading is lagging
>While the Intro cinematic is going on there is sound of fighting. Take it out.
>You have to place the credits in the map if you want this map approved.
>I was playing as Dregon in single player. When I went to Jake cinematic started & all four were present there even when other 3 have not gone near Jake.
>It should be allowed to skip cinematic.
>The map type is only RPG. It is not campaign.
>Map Size & Playable map size needs improvement.
>I played it as hunter. It was too difficult for me in single player as the hunter. I tried to battle with the bandits but they were so much that I was killed. So I could not play it as the hunter. I will try as some else hero.

>You should have mentioned that I need to use computer for all players if I want others to follow me. So the suggested players is all. Otherwise the others will not follow me but the cinematic will show them.
>When I was talking with the archer the villagers near appeared to be using some ability. Like the undead healing
>You need improvements in terrain of the forest where the spider is. The terrain is plain. It is only the grass generated by the world editor. You need variations in the tiles. Forests contains stones, logs & wildlife too.
>When the tent is destroyed the message appearing is Tent Dies? Tent destroyed is better.
>The gold should be shared among the 4. Otherwise as the other 4 are computer players the gold gained by them is useless in single player. Moreover due to this Liou never gained any money. Maybe because he never gave any killing blow. Sunami gave maximum killing blows. Due to this the heroes are unbalanced.
>I thought forgotten were a kingdom. Trolls are forgotten too?
>When I killed the bandits the quest menu never updated.
>The troll & wolf were both level3 but there were much difference between the 2. Unbalanced.
>You have made the map area & playable area equal due to which the parts of the town near the edge looked somewhat odd.
>Mention a general description for different levels of the spells if there are many. Mentioning only 3 gives an impression that there are too less.
>When I killed the spider I was teleported instantly to the merchant. It looked quite odd.
>Why did the experience rate & gold rate decrease when I reached the ogres?

>You need improvements in terrain everywhere in the map.
>Variation in the monsters is needed. You have used same models. Try using different models.
>If you name the various Places of the map like the forest being Tali Forest or anything else it will become even better.
>Killing the bosses like Sunami X should be a main quest.
>The Scorpion had vanished while all of my hero were dead. I never killed it. Where did it go?
>The scorpion is too powerful. When it used its venom tail all four of my heroes were killed in one blow.
>It is said that game over can occur if I push darkness to 100%. It is not mentioned how will the darkness be pushed. If by using the orbs, then have you thought how will I control the computer AI from using them?
>When I get killed then walking from the town to the place where I originally was becomes too boring. Moreover sometimes my heroes while coming from the town to me get stuck at some place in the path & I have to go back if I want them to come with me.

Last edited:
Level 19
Damn, thats an ugly load time, you need to optimise this!
The AI was very impressive, with realistically moving companions.
The world was very big, but the terrain wasnt so good, you should look into that.
As the above people said, this map has quite a few seemingly careless flaws, and this really degrades an otherwise great map.
Talking sequences should be skippable, and if this is initiated, a summary of what was said should be displayed.
4/5 But no approval vote... yet...

Level 5
well i played this map in singleplayermode with the paladin and i have to say...
its pretty good

++alot skill-levels
++maaassive armors X_x
++good story

but beside that, it has also some big flaws:

--that hell machines at that castle siege are very overpowered =O
summoning+9k ranged dmg+ masses of them+"sunder armo".->not fair
--that "darkness" system is pretty lame... it seems you have no way to decrease the % so i WILL definately lose on singleplayer(its just a matter of time)
you really should have done another system...not this "use it like 8-10 times and you lose completely"
--why to hell does the warrior have a hero armer when everybode else have medium/light/heavy armor types? its pretty not fair =/ give him medium or unarmed(or something else) cause he always gets reduced dmg =/
--why do shields always reduce dmg =O doesnt make sense...reducing attackspeed,okay...this would make sense. but not reducing the dmg per hit D=

atm 3,5/5
fix the flaws and its s big 5/5 =D

You can eventually remove the darkness gain by purchasing an expensive item later on, it was added in because the summons are very strong and capable of soloing bosses, it's added so you don't go around soloing every boss and winning the game instantly basically.

If you have the seige machines during the war spawn, it means you're not strong enough, because you should be able to win the war at around wave 5.

Shields reduce damage because they are meant for Dregon if you decide to spec specifically for tanking, that's where his damage abilities make up for. Having insane health and armor bonuses for the tank on top of insane damage would be an imbalancement especially since later on the shields give you enough stats to be a boss yourself.

Everyone was given different types of armor/attack types to keep them unique.

Legend of the Orbs

>The maps loading is lagging
>While the Intro cinematic is going on there is sound of fighting. Take it out.
>You have to place the credits in the map if you want this map approved.
>I was playing as Dregon in single player. When I went to Jake cinematic started & all four were present there even when other 3 have not gone near Jake.
>It should be allowed to skip cinematic.
>The map type is only RPG. It is not campaign.
>Map Size & Playable map size needs improvement.
>I played it as hunter. It was too difficult for me in single player as the hunter. I tried to battle with the bandits but they were so much that I was killed. So I could not play it as the hunter. I will try as some else hero.

>You should have mentioned that I need to use computer for all players if I want others to follow me. So the suggested players is all. Otherwise the others will not follow me but the cinematic will show them.
>When I was talking with the archer the villagers near appeared to be using some ability. Like the undead healing
>You need improvements in terrain of the forest where the spider is. The terrain is plain. It is only the grass generated by the world editor. You need variations in the tiles. Forests contains stones, logs & wildlife too.
>When the tent is destroyed the message appearing is Tent Dies? Tent destroyed is better.
>The gold should be shared among the 4. Otherwise as the other 4 are computer players the gold gained by them is useless in single player. Moreover due to this Liou never gained any money. Maybe because he never gave any killing blow. Sunami gave maximum killing blows. Due to this the heroes are unbalanced.
>I thought forgotten were a kingdom. Trolls are forgotten too?
>When I killed the bandits the quest menu never updated.
>The troll & wolf were both level3 but there were much difference between the 2. Unbalanced.
>You have made the map area & playable area equal due to which the parts of the town near the edge looked somewhat odd.
>Mention a general description for different levels of the spells if there are many. Mentioning only 3 gives an impression that there are too less.
>When I killed the spider I was teleported instantly to the merchant. It looked quite odd.
>Why did the experience rate & gold rate decrease when I reached the ogres?

>You need improvements in terrain everywhere in the map.
>Variation in the monsters is needed. You have used same models. Try using different models.
>If you name the various Places of the map like the forest being Tali Forest or anything else it will become even better.
>Killing the bosses like Sunami X should be a main quest.
>The Scorpion had vanished while all of my hero were dead. I never killed it. Where did it go?
>The scorpion is too powerful. When it used its venom tail all four of my heroes were killed in one blow.
>It is said that game over can occur if I push darkness to 100%. It is not mentioned how will the darkness be pushed. If by using the orbs, then have you thought how will I control the computer AI from using them?
>When I get killed then walking from the town to the place where I originally was becomes too boring. Moreover sometimes my heroes while coming from the town to me get stuck at some place in the path & I have to go back if I want them to come with me.

Credits are at the end of the map when you complete the game, like a real video game, to keep the quest log specifically for quests.

Anytime you go to a cinematic, everyone teleports as part of the cinematic for the storyline.

Skipping cinematics are far too many triggers, I don't have much for room left in this map to add or I would trust me, if I had it my way, I'd have some pretty decked out terrain and such, but because I need to keep lag to a minimum and other reasons, what you see is the best I can offer because of those issues.

Avoid fighting the Bandits if it's too hard, just start over and skip that quest, or wait till you think you're strong enough to get it first.

I've beaten the game with each character, trust me, this game is possible to play with any character, you just gotta try pulling them away one at a time, or something, try different strategies. Sunder Armor/Crit Strike is great when stacked with multiple items for example. War Stomp/Shockwave is a great leveling spec.

When anything dies, it says it dies, even if it doesn't make sense, it's just part of the combat text so to speak.

Gold is not shared because trust me, later on if you have enough money you could beat the game in less then an hour because of having the best gear right off the bat. That's why it's better to play with players instead of computers, or playing just solo because you can give gold to eachother.

The Bandit quest doesn't update until you find the next part of the quest later in the game.

Forgotten is a Kingdom yes, and they have minions/creatures that are deformed people, think of a Troll or Spider as someone that was once human.

There are 25 levels of each ability, doing the text thing would be far too much text, which is why it stops at 3, but it does update itself in the tooltip for using it.

Experience rate is decreased at the Ogres to balance the game out, otherwise you level after killing anything constantly, meaning level 100 by the time you reach The Kingdom of Arjara. It's only for the beginning to speed your character's strength up.

Killing Sunami X and bosses like that, are a main quest, you gotta defeat her before it's available.

When Sunami X spawns the scorpion you need to run away, if you die, then wait for it to despawn, it has a timer. Then go in for the final blow on Sunami X.

Avoid using the Computer AI until you've gotten the hang of the game normally in my opinion. I've beaten this game without using them solo.

Oh yeah, variations in monsters, there is a reason there isn't much at first for a reason, each monster has unique abilities that level as they do, fighting too many of too many types would be too hard, but yes as the game progresses you will in fact fight more variations, there's about 25 different types total. You will eventually fight up to like 5 types at once too. As well as variations of bosses/boss fighting styles.

Damn, thats an ugly load time, you need to optimise this!
The AI was very impressive, with realistically moving companions.
The world was very big, but the terrain wasnt so good, you should look into that.
As the above people said, this map has quite a few seemingly careless flaws, and this really degrades an otherwise great map.
Talking sequences should be skippable, and if this is initiated, a summary of what was said should be displayed.
4/5 But no approval vote... yet...

Thanks, theres nothing I can do about loading time, there was a tremendous amount of triggering done in this game like you wouldn't even imagine, on top of a ton of variables cameras regions doodads units, data, not to mention script.

Hopefully that answered most of the concerns, if not, please feel free to post back. :)

@ Bounty Hunter2:
You start off with regular spells, later in the game you get ultimates that have decked out effects, and you also have summons that get custom made spells, as well as items that provide some nice eye-candy.

Also most of the lag vanishes later in the game, you have to kill off most of the enemies to get a lag free game, unless you have a good computer (I have a good computer) which is probably why nothing ever lagged for me, but we have a bad computer too, and it stopped lagging after we killed enough enemies off. Also cinematics will sometimes lag, nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:
Level 1
You can eventually remove the darkness gain by purchasing an expensive item later on, it was added in because the summons are very strong and capable of soloing bosses, it's added so you don't go around soloing every boss and winning the game instantly basically.
then give them a higher CD or something...that darkness system sucks combined with the ai
u just cant win

If you have the seige machines during the war spawn, it means you're not strong enough, because you should be able to win the war at around wave 5.
i was definately NOT too weak =O
9k compared to those masses are just ridiculous
also...the allied forced stopped in the middle and not even as a group...just spreaded...so the enemy army killed them easily one by one

Shields reduce damage because they are meant for Dregon if you decide to spec specifically for tanking, that's where his damage abilities make up for. Having insane health and armor bonuses for the tank on top of insane damage would be an imbalancement especially since later on the shields give you enough stats to be a boss yourself.
well attackspeed reduction would actually do a good ballancing too...
but u would do at least some damage X_x

Everyone was given different types of armor/attack types to keep them unique.

if u want to keep him unique,give him the unarmored class >_>
cause i cant see anything armor-like on his body than his trousers oO

Level 5
then give them a higher CD or something...that darkness system sucks combined with the ai
u just cant win

i was definately NOT too weak =O
9k compared to those masses are just ridiculous
also...the allied forced stopped in the middle and not even as a group...just spreaded...so the enemy army killed them easily one by one

well attackspeed reduction would actually do a good ballancing too...
but u would do at least some damage X_x

if u want to keep him unique,give him the unarmored class >_>
cause i cant see anything armor-like on his body than his trousers oO

Don't use the AI if they are causing you to lose. It won't be an issue if they aren't around to spawn the summons =)

Plus no AI = More cash = Better Items = GG

The allies in the War standing there is just how they are to make it a bit more challenging, think of it this way, you need to win the War within the time limit, that being wave 10.
(Locate a certain boss, beat him, and you'll win, along with getting tons of awesome things like ultimates etc.) You were closer to the coolest part of the game then you think. Keep trying I know you can do it. =)

Dregon may not look it, but he's a warrior, honestly if I could model I would of made him buff with those clothes on.

If you really need help winning the War, then on the boss, lure his minions away first, kill them, then focus on him and go berserk on him, you may even be able to beat him before wave 5.

Use your summon as a last resort, use it if you need to stun the boss temporarily, but make sure you wait till he's out of those invulnearable potions. :)

Level 1
Don't use the AI if they are causing you to lose. It won't be an issue if they aren't around to spawn the summons =)
why did u even add them if they cause so much probs ?_?

The allies in the War standing there is just how they are to make it a bit more challenging
it looked more like a movement bug for me...
cause the were standing really randomized around later =O

Dregon may not look it, but he's a warrior, honestly if I could model I would of made him buff with those clothes on.
its just an illidan model =O
in other words-> way too over-used oO

Use your summon as a last resort
thats what i always did but the ai used them always so much...
i used the summon like...uhm...2-3 times in the whole map =O

Level 5
why did u even add them if they cause so much probs ?_?

it looked more like a movement bug for me...
cause the were standing really randomized around later =O

its just an illidan model =O
in other words-> way too over-used oO

thats what i always did but the ai used them always so much...
i used the summon like...uhm...2-3 times in the whole map =O

Well, I like the Demon Hunter model, so I reskinned it to my character's design. Since I don't know how to model, I just reskinned my favorite-close enough models. :)

Well the AI is there if you're in for a challenge, if it's your first time playing, avoid them at all costs. Or you can avoid picking Dregon, and only have him following you, since he doesn't get a Summon till way late in the game, or Liou for example.

It wasn't my intention for them to be made that way, but I want to emphasize how the game is soloable by yourself with no AI is why.

You are summoning them just the right amount then. You're doing fine. :)

Level 1
Skipping cinematics are far too many triggers, I don't have much for room left in this map to add or I would trust me, if I had it my way, I'd have some pretty decked out terrain and such, but because I need to keep lag to a minimum and other reasons, what you see is the best I can offer because of those issues.
Try asking in the world editor help zone. You may find a solution to the problem there if you have been unable to find one.

Oh yeah, variations in monsters, there is a reason there isn't much at first for a reason, each monster has unique abilities that level as they do, fighting too many of too many types would be too hard, but yes as the game progresses you will in fact fight more variations, there's about 25 different types total. You will eventually fight up to like 5 types at once too. As well as variations of bosses/boss fighting styles.
Fighting the same type appeared boring. Even though they have leveled up & stronger some new faces would have been welcome.

Level 1
well i just wanted to write that i was wrong about those 9k thingies...
i always thought i have to fight all the creeps wave for wave + that uber dragon(which gives a frikkin nice reward if u kill it)
well i managed it to beat that assasin leader(that...dareal) but DAMN he has uber hp+dmg
seriously
i hat the mage with manashield and unlimited mana cheat(cause seriously...he would die isntantly even with uber items....oh and btw... why do some attacks (like that poison attack or what it was...from the assasin heros scorpion summon) ignore manashield? thats lame =/) and it took me so fucking long...-____-
i was surprised that i get a new ultimate skill after killing seraoak but...uhm...
the mages ulti is bugged
as the description says it should do 150k dmg at lvl 1 and 300k dmg at lvl 2
i used my lvl 1 skill on darael and he just get maybe...2k dmg in real...and when i try my chainlightning(~16k dmg ) he gets them full =O
btw i KNOW that the meteors dmg is spread to every enemy in its aoe...but...in a range of 3k-4k wasnt a single enemy(due to the reason that daraels lobster form killed everything around him while i was disabled with this tornado skill)
so ...this skill seems pretty useless with this bug =((((

Level 5
well i just wanted to write that i was wrong about those 9k thingies...
i always thought i have to fight all the creeps wave for wave + that uber dragon(which gives a frikkin nice reward if u kill it)
well i managed it to beat that assasin leader(that...dareal) but DAMN he has uber hp+dmg
seriously
i hat the mage with manashield and unlimited mana cheat(cause seriously...he would die isntantly even with uber items....oh and btw... why do some attacks (like that poison attack or what it was...from the assasin heros scorpion summon) ignore manashield? thats lame =/) and it took me so fucking long...-____-
i was surprised that i get a new ultimate skill after killing seraoak but...uhm...
the mages ulti is bugged
as the description says it should do 150k dmg at lvl 1 and 300k dmg at lvl 2
i used my lvl 1 skill on darael and he just get maybe...2k dmg in real...and when i try my chainlightning(~16k dmg ) he gets them full =O
btw i KNOW that the meteors dmg is spread to every enemy in its aoe...but...in a range of 3k-4k wasnt a single enemy(due to the reason that daraels lobster form killed everything around him while i was disabled with this tornado skill)
so ...this skill seems pretty useless with this bug =((((

Certain creatures in the game have the Feedback ability, meaning when they attack, it takes out mana, and deals damage to you. If you found a way to have "unlimited" mana then keep going for it, this game is meant to be fun, if you can figure out everything along with the secrets of the game, you'll be strong enough to take on anything. However even with the unlimited mana thing, if a boss or creature is burning your mana constantly, then unlimited regenerating mana is only going to kill you very fast, unless you have insane mana.

Liou's ultimate does what appears to be physical damage, meaning against a boss with lots of armor, it's likely to not do a whole lot.

Also, grats on Finding Da'rael, he's one of the few super boss encounters (known as a Colossal) that you have to do alot to fight. =)