• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Left4Dead Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Look! Even the title rhymes!

Anyway.

I can't wait for Left4Dead to come out, judging by the general premise of the game and the gameplay videos that have been released. I'm going to get it within days of the release and play some epic campaign with friends.

Your thoughts?

Video: GameSpot Video: Left 4 Dead Gameplay Movie 6

untitled-7.jpg

info-boss-tank.jpg

Level 17
I don't think Left 4 dead will really succeed. The idea is cool in concept but I have an un-nerving feeling that its going to fail in practice.

Most things seem repetitive and there's not much else to do then "shoot zombies" in what ever form that might be.

I just feel like its going to be one of those "Oh cool!" first time moments, but it'll be gathering dust in less than a week.

Still gonna give it a rent though

Level 34
Sure would be fun to mop up zombies with a friend. Although the gameplay doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary.

Level 27
I played the demo campaign with a friend. It was awesome. Hunters are so scary though. Tanks are pretty frightening as well. I really like how they pulled off the hole concept, spooky lurking zombies like we know and love, until they see you, then they become scary as fucking hell as they rush you in hordes and you frantically pump out shotgun rounds as fast as you can. It was intense, and only a demo.
--donut3.5--

Level 34
I need to get a computer. : (
Too bad all these good games come out for the 360, I buy them, and then I can't afford to get a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.