• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3: Complete Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Re-experience Warcraft 3's full story, with
Warcraft 3: Complete Story

Earlier this year, Plamen Asenov (aka xLetalis)
made a story-driven walkthrough
for Reign of Chaos, as well as for The Frozen Throne

The walkthrough is focusing on the cutscenes, and on the story as told in the campaigns. Appropriate cuts have been made, for the viewer to better concentrate on dialogue, rather than on gameplay.

The videos are in HQ, with widescreen Full motion Videos. For optimal visual quality, the campaigns use the original image ratio the game was originally designed for.

So what are you waiting for? Re-experience once more the many enthralling plots and intrigues of Warcraft 3, as well as the engrossing English voices of the many protagonists, in this 67 part, more-than-six-hour epic of high-fantasy video games.

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The Sea Witch episode (3 missions) is TFT's demo campaign. It misses audio dialogue here and here only, though.

Currently, it is also missing in the Complete Story playlist.
Damn, now it does not feel that complete anymore. :wink:

It should have been part of Medivh Tells Thrall to Lead the Orcs to Kalimdor. Or it should have been added right after it, before Thrall meets Cairne.

Well, Thrall's Vision FMV campaign is at the best possible position, at least...

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Waaaa! Stretched video spotted! :grin:

Even back then, you could have both the full RoC game as well as the demo installed at the same time.

Nowadays, the Sea Witch episodes are part of Warcraft III: Complete (as well as AiO) by @loktar. And there is also @Kostyarik 's Exodus of the Horde (VoiceOver campaign) since some time too.

It is not uncommon to have stuff in a demo, which does not make it to the full game afterwards. Half-Life: Uplink, AoE, and Gunman Chronicles come to mind here. But there are many others. Please read Extra content in demos, shareware versions and ports - Forums for more info.

Some great unofficial patches allow to integrate those cut parts, back into the full game (again, at least for HL, AoE and GC).

I personally would like to replay Cryo's Dune, with Sting as Feyd Rautha. Alas, no such great unofficial patch exists afaik.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I am abit dissapointed that the War3 Reign of Chaos excludes the part where Thrall fights agiants a bunch of Murlocs led by the Sea Witch. It was such an epic mission and why they excluded it from ROC and instead they include it in the Demo!
I think the map was specifically made as a demo to make players aware they can create their own campaigns. It did not even come with voice acting.
Re-experience Warcraft 3's full story, with
I don't know... Wouldn't it be way better if all Warcraft games except WoW, of course, would be included here to make it news? But what exactly is new here, in terms of what the Hive community isn't aware of?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I think the map was specifically made as a demo to make players aware they can create their own campaigns. It did not even come with voice acting.

The possibility to create campaigns was indeed one of TFT's selling points iirc.

I don't know... Wouldn't it be way better if all Warcraft games except WoW, of course, would be included here to make it news? But what exactly is new here, in terms of what the Hive community isn't aware of?

Regarding game content, I would say nothing; this is why I wrote "re-experience". But front page news are not targeting our community alone.

WC3 turned 14 year old that month (RoC was first released in July 2002 in the US and in Europe). Therefore, it could have allowed for a nice reminder. And tbh, I had also hoped for a new patch release that month to commemorate this non-event; alas, no luck... :sad:

It is also quite difficult imho to find WC3 YouTube quality uploads; meaning, HD gameplay with proper 4:3 ratio. Focusing on the story/dialogue alone is also a plus to me (walkthroughs with external audio comments are sooo painful imho).

A moderator might want to move this thread elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.