• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leaving my resources as open source content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hello.

I have had a great time modding wc3. Too bad I never finished a project but I do not regret the time I spent working on them. I learned a lot in the process. Soon I will start studying game design to start a career.

This means I will not spend much time here (as I haven't the past few years) and I want to let you know you may use my resources as open source content. This means you don't need to ask my permission to alter my resources. Credit is appreciated but not necessary.

For you who wish to learn about modelling and animation I can recommend this tutorial: Modeling and Animation 101

That's the one I used back in 2009 when I first started modding wc3. Milkshape is a rather basic but useful tool to create and animate models for wc3.

Thanks for my time here on hive.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Aw man. While it's great to see people moving upwards in life (especially into the highly-coveted fields of game design; where'd you get in?), it's always sad to see people moving on.

Thanks, though, for being responsible & saying something/providing permissions right off the bat; can't tell you how many times I've seen a cool resource I want to edit, but the author is years-gone & I just have to hope they don't come back to haunt me. xD

Good luck in life, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.