• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First time modelling w/ problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi.
As i said it is my first time modeling. I dont have 3dsMax and Gmax. I only have Milkshape 3D and its been going good. But the problem is when i convert it into a warcraft model. I read this tutorial because its the only tutorial to make wc3 models using ms3d.
In the section 3, where i finalize the model, is where i get confused. I get 2 problems here:
:ogre_rage:
1. When i exported the model to Magos, the model falls apart when playing any animation. As in all the joints fall apart... But when i check it in ms3d its all fine.
2. When i tried to add texture to it nothing happened. I followed the instructions and nothing happened. I think its because that it is in .bmp format?

Any help is appreciated! :)

Level 31
1. Where you downloaded the exporter script, there was also a script called msZero, you have to download this file, too and place at the same position as the export script.

Then before your start animating, but after your assigned the mesh to the bones, you have to go to Tools -> Zero Joints.

If you don't do this the animations won't be able to be assigned correctly when exporting.

2. Are you using a custom texture or some ingame textures?

Level 31
Okay, then you have to convert the texture to .blp (with WC3 Viewer, but I'm not sure if it can convert .bmp)
After that you have to set the path of the texture to this texture.
It should be "nameofyourtexture.blp".
Just open the .mdl model in NotePad and then scroll a bit down untill you see Textures.
There should be some where the path "Textures\white.blp".
Replace that with the path of your texture.
("nameofyourtexture.blp".)
Then save, convert back to .mdx and open the model in Magos.
Should be all fine.

Level 31
It looks good, but don't upload it in the model section.
Because we already have this, made with ingame textures:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/cactuar-139198/?prev=search=cactuar&d=list&r=20

That's also my suggestion for your next models.
Always try to use ingame textures if it's possible.
It keeps the file size small and makes it easy to import.

The anims are basic, but look okay.
I'm also not sure if it's your own texture and not a CnP.
Ah yes the texture is made very unoeconomic.
It just fills a little part of the big 512*512 texture.
It could have been done much smaller, meaning smaller file size.

But all in all this is a pretty nice model.

Status
Not open for further replies.