• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leaderboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I think that you can't do that with a Leaderboard. I'm not sure, but I think that leaderboards can only have 2 columns. You'll need 3, Player, Kills and Deaths.
However, you can easily do it with a Multiboard:

• Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 13 rows, titled INFORMATION
  • Set Board = (Last Created Multiboard)
Here we're creating a multiboard called INFORMATION (you can call it however you want), and we're asigning the variable "Board" to it.
We need 3 columns, one for Player, another for Kills and another for Deaths. Also We need 13 rows, the first one for the name of each column, and the other 12 for the players. In case, of course, that your map has 12 players. Adjust the number of rows in relation to the number of players that your map will have.

You probably won't use icons in the board, so do this:

• Multiboard - Set the display style for Board item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
Setting the column 0 and the row 0, we're referring to all columns and all rows. This action will hide icons in all the multiboard, and show only text.

Then you only need to fill the holes, with this action:

• Multiboard - Set the text for Board item in column COLUMN, row ROW to TEXT
Put the names of the columns in the first row and fill the first column with the names of the players.
Also, you can use this to tint the text in the board:

• Multiboard - Set the color for Board item in column COLUMN, row ROW to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Adjust the percentages to get the colors you want.
With all that, you should get a nice board. :)

For the gameplay, just make some triggers for counting the kills and the deaths of each hero. When a hero kills a unit, check what player it is, and update the value in the board with the [Multiboard - Change Item Text] action. Do the same when the hero dies.

With all this tips you should be able to make your own board. If you want a full set of triggers, or even a test map, just tell me. I'll make it for you.
Hope this helped.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.