• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lava Race 1.3

Reactions: BiroN and CoLd Bon3
This game is a car race. Every player has his own car to control.

When you enter the road the car will automatically move forward, so you have to control it. Watch out for the lava, it will kill you

You have 10 lives at the beginning of the game. You gain 3 lives more each time you complete a level.

This game needs accuracy and speed!

Good Luck!

Version 1.3:
- Fixed the difficulties, but there is still one memory leak, can't fix it :/

UNPROTECTED VERSION.
Contents

Lava Race 1.3 (Map)

Reviews
00:33, 23rd May 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Moved to racing.
Level 16
Pros:
-No fatal errors

Cons:
-The camera does not follow the car, with the fastest movement speed its not only tireing but also irratating to move the camera yourself to keep up with the car. Multiple times you die cause you are not fast enough to scroll ahead.
-There are no obsticles or anything, such as abilities, powerups. Its just a plain road with twists and turns. Works for the first level, but when each of the levels are same, its very boring.
-799kb for this kind of map is bad. The file size is wasted on a loadingscreen and terrible music.

Conlusion: The map is like a sliding map where the only challenge is delay and scrolling the screen.

Does not get my aproval as I dont think anybody would enjoy this.

Level 37
- Yes, it does follow the car, install your warcraft 3 again or something! And without camera, you can also complete the whole game, I have done it, you should too, or maybe you are just too slow for the game. Did you try "-camera3" and then "-lock", it helps alot!
- No spells, but there is example: "speed places" where your car moves faster.
- There is a problem if the game size is big? Do you have slow internet or something to download?

This is a MINI-GAME. MINI-GAMES have sometimes just one kind of thing, like this game have.

I have played this in b.net, people likes this game.

Level 19
Mini-Me I do not understand why this map has not been approved.
The map is good enough, has a good mini-map screen, the loading screen is awesome and fits perfectly the game.
-> The camera follows the car, I tryed it on HARD.
-> The game doesn't need obsticles, because it is pretty hard when u pick the 'hard mode'.
-> The 799 kb is a perfect size;
Not too big, not too small.
-> The game is fun and can have a great future.

-> - The only Cons I found is that there was a minor bug with the multiboard. (It didn't showed level 3 when we where there)

"as I dont think anybody would enjoy this."
What a nice opinion to say.
Well look: I LIKE IT.

~Approved by me

[ http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=likeitmf6.jpg ]

Level 3
The map is pretty good, I would just welcome a bit smoother movement of the car. Otherwise...very nice. Can't wait to try this on LAN.

Level 28
Mini-me;
-you should not look at what YOU like, If you don't like this map you shouldn't say 'Nobody' will..., it's offending to say.
-this map is not ment to be a heavy race game, filled with action, obstacles, special abilities, etc.
-you're right about the music, but the loading screen is not wasted space... I think it's a nice loading screen, WAY better then the original wc3 screens
-The camera does follow, sometimes it shocks a little, but that didn't affect the game...

Aeroblyctos;
only one (very) little thing: it's "You have died", or "You are dead", not "You have dead"
For the rest it's a nice game, don't mind Mini-me

Level 4
Funny map :), something different to normal slide/escape games because its without enemys. This map is n1 made and has a good quality like all your maps. Slide System and Vote are working without problems. Nice Loadingscreen and Minimap Image.The music is motivating and fits to this map. Cameramodes and -Lock works fine...

At all a good map, keep up good work Aeroblyctos!

Level 37
Nerv91.Slayer said:
Sry Aeroblyctos but this "lava race" is a bit boring.
Hey, this is a mini game. You gotta only move a car. That's the core of this game, nothing else. If you are searching more interesting maps where you need to do lot more try my other maps.

Nerv91.Slayer said:
U should really update the terrain and u can add some
"gamemodes" to.
Well, there's no more space in the terrain and I don't have time to make more game modes to this game. I have more important maps to update.

Kill3rbeast said:
Funny map :), something different to normal slide/escape games because its without enemys. This map is n1 made and has a good quality like all your maps. Slide System and Vote are working without problems. Nice Loadingscreen and Minimap Image.The music is motivating and fits to this map. Cameramodes and -Lock works fine...
Thanks for positive feedback. It is very important me. That's the only way for me to continue making maps.

Level 14
First - i have an error - it says that the name is too long, but i go to WE and make it small. I have played the map all alone on hard difficulty :grin:. But i think you need to balance a little - till lvl 10 i have 19 lives and after 11 lvl i have 8 and then i don't complete the last level. At the end with the portals i think you must make it turn back from them ( when you go trough a portal to be possible to do the opposite), because this is unfair - you can't know which portal where goes. Place some doodads or something because it is little boring just to see lava and road :wink: (like volcanos, little cliffs...). EDIT: "If you want you can load a song or something :wink:..." - it have song, but i have seted the music to 0, so i can't hear it :D, but you can remove that music - it is the same old thing repeating... try putting 'Storm, Earth and Fire' ( created by the War3 its self ) It would be a lot of fun to play this map with more players!!! I like that map! :wink: - 5/5 (Sorry for my bad english - in my country we don't speak english... :sad: )

Cons:
-The camera does not follow the car, with the fastest movement speed its not only tireing but also irratating to move the camera yourself to keep up with the car. Multiple times you die cause you are not fast enough to scroll ahead.
-There are no obsticles or anything, such as abilities, powerups. Its just a plain road with twists and turns. Works for the first level, but when each of the levels are same, its very boring.
-799kb for this kind of map is bad. The file size is wasted on a loadingscreen and terrible music.
- Well, that's not needed in a slide and all the sliders deals without it. I wouldn't even added a -lock command at the place of Aeroblyctos. The thing that is lacking is a -cf command to change the current camera field.
- No need of having abilities or powerups since they tend to make the map only easier (except if you want to do something original), but yeah obstacles would have been interesting.
- True, that's often a problem on escapes in general.

Funny map :), something different to normal slide/escape games because its without enemys
Slide System and Vote are working without problems.
- Makes it too easy and boring imo ^^' But well that's only my opinion.
- Slide system isn't that good from what i saw ingame. Since i can't open the map, what i'll say can be wrong, but the sliding movement isn't fluid enough, the interval for the movement should be 0.01 and not 0.03 (even if usually you should put 0.03 as minimum interval).

Else, so yeah. The difficulty is way too easy. Even in hard difficulty, i lost only 2 lives on last level, cause of the teleportations. The sliding movement isn't fluid. It's lacking some commands such as -cf to set the camera field. There is way too much life, especially for an easy difficulty like this. Change the terrain's order. The death terrain should go over the sliding terrain.