• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Last Shop Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
K, My shops have an invisible unit their selling 2. I dont want the player able to select this invisible unit. Using the "Locust" Ability (turns units invulnerable and unselectable) Makes it so the shops can no longer sell anything to the unit. How Can i do what im trying to accomplish? And without using laggy trigger to check if players have the unit selected.

All I have to do is make my unit Unselectable by the Player. Please Help

Last edited:
Level 4
no i want to make it so the unit is unselectable by the player, ill upload a test of my map so u can c what i mean just select the shops (by clicking and draging over them to select them within the green box) you cant just open it in world editor its protected :\ just gimme suggestions please?

Again I just need to make the BuyTemp unit Unselectable, Is there anyway to do this with triggers or anything else?

Attachments

• Hero Survival Beta 0.09Prot.w3x
    388.3 KB · Views: 43
Level 13
I guess you want it not to be selectable for a period of time only (otherwise u could set selection circle to -1 or add locust ability).
Easiest way is a trigger I believe:
Unit - Unit is Selected
if Unit = Your shop
Selection - Remove triggering unit from selection of triggering player

not laggy at all.

maybe it also works to stun/pause the shop.

Level 4
wait i just have to set the selections circle to -1? ... Is there a site with all these tips documented? And thx kleinerhauck

Level 13
wait i just have to set the selections circle to -1? ... Is there a site with all these tips documented? And thx kleinerhauck

I don't think there's such a site. Would be useful though :)

But you have to set the selection circle in the object editor and can't change it ingame (actually I have never tried this myself, I always use locust).
Why do you need a shop which you can never select anyways?

Level 33
I don't think there's such a site. Would be useful though :)

But you have to set the selection circle in the object editor and can't change it ingame (actually I have never tried this myself, I always use locust).
Why do you need a shop which you can never select anyways?

Maybe he want the shop to supply items and weapons BUT it cannot be bought from it, kinda like Display Item Shop

Level 4
i needed a way to make a unit anywhere inside a region able to buy an item since i couldnt do that i made a circle of power and put it at the shop location, made it invis, and set its size to 0.01. When player buys aynthing it gets transferd to the hero (tomes work 2)

So i guess il try setting the selection to -1 if that doesnt work il just use defskulls trigger.

Selection -1 doesnt work, and i cant trigger it the way defskull said to as theres 3 of the units per player :\ Anyone got more ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.