• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nearby patron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So I've got a shop that sells units. It requires a nearby hero to purchase aka 'Select Hero'

I've got a drop down unit that my hero places down with the ability 'hero inventory' so that if it's within range of the shop that sells units it acts as a hero essentially allowing you to purchase units.

For some reason there is a bug with this drop down unit(this unit is used to buy upgrades/attributes) Sometimes when you upgrade something and your main hero leaves the area while the upgrade is happening the shop no longer acts as a hero and wont let you buy any units from the shop (until your main hero comes back within range of the shop selling the units) and then resets it.

So I'm wondering is it possible to create a dummy hero to stand by that unit selling shop 24/7 invisible but also not show as a hero for that player?

Level 13
Well, you could use the "select unit" ability instead of "select hero" to purchase mercenaries.

The inventory ability does not make a unit into a hero. So alternatively, you will need either a hero, or to increase the shop select radius of "select hero" to something suitable for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.