• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lampart, fate of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Name:The Fate of Lampart

Status:Currently in development - Alpha(Click here to download, and does work in single player)

Creator:perry

Forward note: Hello everyone, this is my first map I've ever gotten to the stage where I want feedback. I've only been mapping for about two months now, and I've learned alot in the process, especially while making this map(my code has dramatically improved and its disheartens me looking back at all of the lazy code I wrote). The responces I get will guage whether I'm going to review all the code in the map and contine production.

Summary: You start off deep inside of the nation of Lampart(The current map features the Old Woods, almost the direct center of the nation), upon gaining levels and reputation you move closer to one side whether it be North, South, East or West. Each will feature their own main city(or port). Each major city functions differently from one another, for instance Brittany(South) embodies chivalry whilst Gweed(East) prefers to deal with their enemies with range. Your heroes will change depending on their respective path(Kind of like talents in WoW, only permanent and harder to gain).

Storyline: The nation of Lampart is in strife, the nation itself is on the brink of civil war. Each city state is distancing themselves from one another, whether it be politically or for millitary ambitions.

To the north are the great harbors of Lampart itself, where the offical King presides(having only ceremonial control over the other states). The state is small but its collonies are many and its naval might unmatched. It is the prime target for both Lamparts enemies and revolutionaries wishing to break up its empire.

While on the other side of the nation is Brittany, inhabited mainly by farmers. They're the nations food preducers. They prefer to face their enemies head on with crushing cavallary charges. They're strong defenders of the crown of Lampart and wish to end the nations relations with the rebeling nation of Gweed.

Gweed is to the East, a small state principly made of spellcasters and artisans. They wish to sucede from Lampart for reasons that will unfold.

West lies Kalid, a state very much miss understood by the rest of the country. The people are either battle hardened warriors who seem to be centuries old and powerful mages. The people seem to live in two worlds, having death a key part of their culture.

Features:
  • 64x64 map(going to be around 160x160 by the end(hopefully...))
  • 8 Quests(As short as killing 10 creeps to as long as running around the map for 10 minutes.)
  • 3 Heroes(With the final having around 5-6)
  • A simple equipment system, I abhor complex ones that take you two minutes to put on armor. To equip and unequip, its just one click.
  • Simple proffessions, I don't want people to go running around for 10 minutes trying to find a paticular herb. The system is very simple.

A more detailed description of everything...

Currently there are 3 partaly done heroes in the map, these include:
  • The Duelist - Who is a pure damage/debuff hero, who can go toe to toe with any foe due to his uncanny "Grace" and mastery with the sword
  • The Defender - Deals great damage while whilst under attack
  • The Pyromancer - Confuses the enemy so to avoid damage, whilst dealing considerable amounts herself

The other two will be the Naxromancer(His abilities change according to whether it's day or night) and the Ranger(Plain boring and done way too often).

How the nations effect your hero is still in development but I have worked out that they'll each give your hero a powerful ability. By choosing Brittany you gain the ability "Husbandary" it will enable you to use beasts. Upon choosing Kalid, you gain the ability to leave your body and enter another world(still working out how this is done, but most of the quests for the nation will take part in this world). By alliging yourself with Lampart you gain access to the ability "Leadership" that enables you to use a party of NPC's(working on this system at the moment). Still working out what you get from Gweed...

Your armor/weapons and so on change dramatically from state to state. Having items in the middle being place holders at the moment. Even if people choose different allignments they'll still be able to party together if they want to but it does make things harder if your friend's alligned to Gweed whilst your a Bretton.

In short aligning yourself with a nation is just like reputation.

Negative critisism encouraged. I attempted to make this thread in concise English I hope you're able to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.