• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello guys! Well, turns out my motherboard had a burn on it (which was causing the crashes... GOSH). Well, I got a new one. It was messed up. I downloaded/installed EVERY DRIVER I WAS TOLD TO. And still... I get lag whenever I play a game. ANY game. Even if it's WARCRAFT! This is really ticking me off. I actually thought I fixed the problem before (I installed a special driver and was able to play a flash game with no lag!), but when I played Warcraft III, there was a lag that occurred every few seconds! GOSH!

Level 21
Try playing in windowed mode with task manager turned on, monitor your cpu and memory usage (as well as paging files) and see if anything goes wrong there. I recently *pimped* my old pc by doubling the paging memory, it helped a lot. If nothing of that causes the problem, it's probably your videocard...

Level 15
Took it to a technician and he fixed it- the problem was the CPU. It was TOTALLY fried! He gave me a cooler CPU (AMD 5200 as opposed to 6600) so now it's all good. And yeah- the graphics driver was installed for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.