• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Krale Edensmear - Reclamation

Stormvarsel29 presents

Krale Edensmear (1) - Reclamation
Created by Stormvarsel29

Info:

This is my attempt at creating the intro mission for a possible campaign in the future.

The map is intended for the Reforged graphics.

Features:

• Slightly altered hero abilities
  • New universe
  • Interesting story
  • New Elven race (resembles the Blood Elf race from the Human campaign)

Story:

Krale Edensmear and his people are the descendants of an ancient race known as the Elves of Endmir. As the story begins, Krale and a few of his people travel to the world that their ancestors, the Elves of Endmir, once ruled. But upon their arrival they are met by the new dominat inhabitants, the Humans. It is now up to Krale to ensure that his race survives in this new, yet familiar, world.

Screenshots:

Image Description:
Healing Fountain

full

Image Description:
River

full

Image Description:
River

full

Image Description:
Cliff River

full

Image Description:
Cinematic

full

Image Description:
Base Battle

full

Image Description:
Bridge Battle

full

Change Log:

• Initial release

• Landscabe changes
  • Environment changes
  • Creep camps removed and changed
  • Glaive Thrower added

Credits:

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Krale Edensmear (1) v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Alright, having played the map, I will say that I did not get invested/interested in the story. However, this is just a single map that is clearly intended to be part of a larger project so I do not think that I can properly judge it yet. The...
Level 9
I like it! The terraining is nice, not in a flashy way, but very functional with good attention to detail. You've got a good grasp of the basics: the items, the quests, the creeps, it's all very Blizzard. I like the retooled Blood Mage hero, it's got a good set of abilities with some nice synergies. As for criticisms, I really would have loved to see a siege weapon, like the Glaive Thrower I think the Blood Elves get in their campaign? It becomes a bit of a slog when you've defeated all the enemy units but have to sit around for ages waiting for the buildings to go down. Jayborino brings this up in a lot of custom campaigns. I also feel the map is a little unfocused. Does it really need all of those creep camps in the southern half of the map? I think cutting a few of them so the player gets to fighting the humans earlier would make for better pacing. I also experienced some small lag spikes in the later half of the map, but looking at your triggering I'm not sure what could have caused it. Overall, it's a good little map, I'm interested to see where you go from here.

I like it! The terraining is nice, not in a flashy way, but very functional with good attention to detail. You've got a good grasp of the basics: the items, the quests, the creeps, it's all very Blizzard. I like the retooled Blood Mage hero, it's got a good set of abilities with some nice synergies. As for criticisms, I really would have loved to see a siege weapon, like the Glaive Thrower I think the Blood Elves get in their campaign? It becomes a bit of a slog when you've defeated all the enemy units but have to sit around for ages waiting for the buildings to go down. Jayborino brings this up in a lot of custom campaigns. I also feel the map is a little unfocused. Does it really need all of those creep camps in the southern half of the map? I think cutting a few of them so the player gets to fighting the humans earlier would make for better pacing. I also experienced some small lag spikes in the later half of the map, but looking at your triggering I'm not sure what could have caused it. Overall, it's a good little map, I'm interested to see where you go from here.

Thank you for the feedback!
Firstly, I appreciate you like what I'm doing. :)
Secondly, I hear what you're saying about the lack of siege weaponary and I did actually have plans for siege golems to be a part of the Elven roster, but I removed them because I wanted the first mission to have access to a limited array of units, and instead have the siege golems be accessed thoughout the campaigns levels. But I will definitely look into some sort of way to crush those Human buildings in a more quick manner.
As for the southern creep camps, I will look into that as well.
I'm not sure about the lag spikes in the later half of the map, I will try to investigate that also.

Level 4
''The map is intended for Reforged, but Classic should also work.''
you tested it on classic?
i can try it, but since it was created on reforged i doubt it will work on classic.

The campaign tag is supposed to be used for campaigns with several maps. Are you planning
to add more maps to this one? I mean, is this part of a series that is work in progress or is
the map in itself conclusive?
I am planning to make a full campagin, with several maps, where this map will be included as one of those missions.
This map in itself serves as a teaser for what is to come. I'll go ahead and change the tag, since it isn't a campaign yet.

Level 5
I played the map. I am not impressed and this happened due to lack of story-telling. It seems like a hollywood production, good effects but no substance. When creating an opening map i suggest you invest more time in creating better dialogues and even cinematics (if possible) fit to capture the audience.
"Hi i am here to take your land, fuck off i am not giving it to you " this is how it sounded to me ...in other words, a lill bit plain. I am sorry if i came out a bit harsh but your intention seems to be investing a lot of time and effort in this. I suggest you balance the equities. Map is decent - good , level up the story telling and the dialogues up to the same standars.
One quick example of problematic sequence: Tyria is observing the fight. Why didnt she engage? For example... She could have tried to fight and escape to notify stronger allies.
A quick suggestion to improve your skills. Maybe hide a hint in the opening dialogue on the reason behind Kale's attemp to reclaim this land. Why are they here. You can save the reason for latter but the ancient Greeks used a very important trick in their story telling. They hid clues and it was named the economy of the work and economy of speech. Maybe i am helpful maybe i am just annoying. I was hoping to be the helpful.
I am eager to see how you evolve throught out this project.

I played the map. I am not impressed and this happened due to lack of story-telling. It seems like a hollywood production, good effects but no substance. When creating an opening map i suggest you invest more time in creating better dialogues and even cinematics (if possible) fit to capture the audience.
"Hi i am here to take your land, fuck off i am not giving it to you " this is how it sounded to me ...in other words, a lill bit plain. I am sorry if i came out a bit harsh but your intention seems to be investing a lot of time and effort in this. I suggest you balance the equities. Map is decent - good , level up the story telling and the dialogues up to the same standars.
One quick example of problematic sequence: Tyria is observing the fight. Why didnt she engage? For example... She could have tried to fight and escape to notify stronger allies.
A quick suggestion to improve your skills. Maybe hide a hint in the opening dialogue on the reason behind Kale's attemp to reclaim this land. Why are they here. You can save the reason for latter but the ancient Greeks used a very important trick in their story telling. They hid clues and it was named the economy of the work and economy of speech. Maybe i am helpful maybe i am just annoying. I was hoping to be the helpful.
I am eager to see how you evolve throught out this project.

I really appreciate your thoughts on my map, after all I believe it's one of the best ways for me to improve.
And yeah, since this map's release I have come to realise that the story I'm trying to tell here does come off as rather plain and honestly doesn't really serve that great as an intro map as I thought at the time. But I'll have you know that I have since the time of this map's upload (about 2 months ago) improved significantly all-round and begun developing the campaign, which this map is supposed to be a part of, called Elves of Endmir where I feel like I have evolved the story, as well as everything else, much beyond what I presented here.

Level 5
I really appreciate your thoughts on my map, after all I believe it's one of the best ways for me to improve.
And yeah, since this map's release I have come to realise that the story I'm trying to tell here does come off as rather plain and honestly doesn't really serve that great as an intro map as I thought at the time. But I'll have you know that I have since the time of this map's upload (about 2 months ago) improved significantly all-round and begun developing the campaign, which this map is supposed to be a part of, called Elves of Endmir where I feel like I have evolved the story, as well as everything else, much beyond what I presented here.
I am glad to hear that. People that tend to evaluate their effort before hand, have a better chance to do great. You obviously took the time to critisize your self before others did. This is a significant part of the work of a Creator. Good on you m8 and i would love to see how you navigate throughout this project. I hope it turns out the way you invisioned it and at last for us all to enjoy a custom campaign in Reforged.

Level 2
Guess this one wont be ever finished since a year pass and nothing added.
Here is cons and unfinished/polished thing of a single player map.
- Low level items only
- Hero capped at lvl3
- t3 Castle but only t2 upgrades
- No upgrade for structure armor even tho they have indication for those
- Swordsman and Spell breaker are just a reskins of a footman and Knight with same stats

Pros:
+ Ok map design and terrain (even tho it's pretty empty)

As a conclusion personally I can't see any reason to play it since it's only single and first map of an unfinished campaign.

Guess this one wont be ever finished since a year pass and nothing added.
Here is cons and unfinished/polished thing of a single player map.
- Low level items only
- Hero capped at lvl3
- t3 Castle but only t2 upgrades
- No upgrade for structure armor even tho they have indication for those
- Swordsman and Spell breaker are just a reskins of a footman and Knight with same stats

Pros:
+ Ok map design and terrain (even tho it's pretty empty)

As a conclusion personally I can't see any reason to play it since it's only single and first map of an unfinished campaign.

I won't lie, I am kind of losing motivation on continuing this "campaign". I thought that custom campaigns for reforged would have been re-implemented by now, but it just isn't. I have made a few of the sequel maps ready, that are supposed to tie it all together, so the project isn't dead just kind of paused.

Thanks for the review though, all points make sense.

Level 2
I won't lie, I am kind of losing motivation on continuing this "campaign". I thought that custom campaigns for reforged would have been re-implemented by now, but it just isn't. I have made a few of the sequel maps ready, that are supposed to tie it all together, so the project isn't dead just kind of paused.

Thanks for the review though, all points make sense.

The biggest confusion of Reforged for me is absence of custom campaign and they still didn't reapplied it discouraging people of making new content for Reforged... This is so retarded.

Any way if and when this campaign will be ended I and the rest of community will check it =)

Level 23
It is great you got other maps planned out. Not sure if the 2/5 stars from the other guy is fair though, since he might be judging it as a campaign map even though as of right now it is a single map.
Custom campaigns will hopefully be implemented when 1.33 is released.