• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Korialstraxz's ORPG

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Korialstraxz's ORPG (Map)

Reviews
16:58, 9th Jul 2009 Linaze: Lacks author, type, category and description.

M

16:58, 9th Jul 2009
Linaze: Lacks author, type, category and description.

Level 28
Everyone seems to be making their own ORPG nowadays -.-
Let me tell you something:

IF YOU ARE NOT READY FOR A 2-YEAR PROJECT, DON'T START AN ORPG!

If you want to create an ORPG in a year, it probably won't be good enough to compete with other maps.
Since ORPG's can be played in multiple sessions, a bug will be repeatable (whether it's good or bad for the players, if there is one, if will be repeated).
Every detail needs to be finished and erm... you didn't even finish the rough map, this wouldn't even count as a 'blueprint' (something that shows the basic idea of your map).

So for now, let's just praise all mappers that have made a succesful ORPG for their hard work and dedication.

About the map itself:

Crappy, leaky triggers, crappy terrain, crappy units.

(Sorry for the rough words, but you had to learn it sooner or later, go to epicwar or something, leave the hive alone until you can create a worthy map).

Level 6
Okay first of all: You need a description. Second: The map looks empty? Third: Why is it created by unknown? An ORPG is something you will have to work on for a looong time :p And this definantly isnt made in a long time unless youre very bad. Please work on it BEFORE you upload it and then read the rules. Thank you.

Level 7
ap0calypse soo much rage! But yes reading even the simple instructions shown on the map post screen should tell you its not a good idea to submit this here. I would suggest trying the map dev forums.

On a side note since epicwar turned off its comment feature this pretty much is the only place to upload maps to receive review.

The the community here is quite friendly in general. So suck it up :p

Level 28
ap0calypse soo much rage! But yes reading even the simple instructions shown on the map post screen should tell you its not a good idea to submit this here. I would suggest trying the map dev forums.

On a side note since epicwar turned off its comment feature this pretty much is the only place to upload maps to receive review.

The the community here is quite friendly in general. So suck it up :p

A lot of rage? Excuse me, but if you can point out where I was wrong, please tell me.
It wasn't meant to sound angry, but to teach him a lesson:

do not start a huge project if you aren't ready!

Try creating a few minigames, a normal TD, anything that doesn't require a lot of advanced triggers.
An ORPG is way beyond his reach at the moment

And above that: I am one of the most friendly reviewers in this community! (Yep, that's right ^^)
I always say how to fix something, where the errors are, I offer my help to change the map, I've changed a lot of maps myself, to insert a trigger/system that the other guy couldn't create, I sometimes spend the entire night thinking about a trigger, for it to be as efficient as possible, I've made loading screens, preview images, spells, just because I like to help people.
THIS, This is futile... this project is doomed, helping would only be a waste of effort.
Please, don't say that I have said that out of 'rage', look at it as a friendly warning ;) (if I am correct, other persons would say "1/5 - rejected", at least my comment has some useful information...).

I've made an ORPG myself, it's a pretty low-quality map, compared with others, but now I know what I'm talking about.
I'm just way too lazy to create anything good out of my map, you need to be with a whole crew for that.

Don't expect everyone to say "Awww, you don't know how to make a good ORPG, let me help you...".
Normally, I would say that, but an ORPG combines all skills of mapping you need, that's just way too much for me, the creator needs to be an expert mapper himself.

+ it seems a lot of people agree with me, so I guess I've said enough ^^