1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Kodo Tag Castle v1.9

Submitted by Garylau
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
  • ----------
    Garylau Presents
    ----------

[rainbow]Kodo Tag Castle v1.9[/rainbow]
    Edited by 0oRendyo0 / Garylau

[​IMG]
    Story

Formerly, there is a scenic country which is full of elated, joyful citizens. One day, plenty of kodos were rushing into the castle and ate the citizens. Assuredly, multitudinous of the citizens are trying to keep themselves away from the doom. Nevertheless the kodos are awkward, but they use their huge body to block the only way of escape route. Absolutely , there have several citizen survive from the doom. Nonetheless , they should resist the kodo is still in search of prey. Right now , assuming that the survivors are you , how long you can dodge from them ?

Features

-48 Base Available.(include combine base)
    -109 gold mine.
    -New Preview Screen.
    -Different with other kodo tag's maps.

Screenshots

Terrain Screenshots

New Terrain
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old Terrain

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gameplay Screenshots

New Screenshot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old Screenshot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Change Log

Change Log

Version 1.9

Added
    ✔Fix the kodo movement.
    ✔Add hint .
    ✔Add some command.
    ✔Add some new building.
    ✔Terrain Improved.
    ✔Time played added at the time of day.

All version 1.8

Version 1.8.1

Added:
    ✔Fix the sell cost
    ✔Fix the colour
    ✔Some unit added
    ✔Preview added

Version 1.8

Added:
    ✔Player 1 (red) is unneed now.
    ✔New wall and tower.(Etc :Flamethrower , Rock wall)
    ✔Short cinematic on the start.
    ✔No HP bar now .(Reduce lag)
    ✔New castle.
    ✔New unit / worker .
    ✔Hotkey fix.
    ✔New Difficult.
    ✔New Loading Screen(Helped by rufus)

Version 1.7

Added:
    ✔More base
    ✔Food point changed
    ✔Rename system improved
    ✔Kodo tag more intelligence than before
    ✔Quest added
    ✔Sea surrounding castle
    ✔FAQ and Tutorial added!

Version 1.6

Added:
    ✔New Base
    ✔New Difficult

Version 1.5

Added:
    ✔Bug Fix
    ✔Terrain changed
    ✔Model / Icon renew

Winter Edition v1.4

Added:
    ✔Resize Model
    ✔System Added
    ✔UI change
    ✔Difficult Added

Version 1.3

Added:
    ✔System Added
    ✔Building Added

Credits:

Special thanks to:
    Mr.Pockets000000 /Megamax for the previous edit.

• SuPa-

Jacky The turtle
      Kenntaur
      Frankster
      NaserKingArthas
      Ergius
      Kitabatake
    • Blizzard Entertainment
      olofmoleman
      chilla_killa
      Uncle Fester

• ZODD[chaosrealm]
    • Andreariona[chaosrealm]

Author's notes:

If found any bug or leak , inbox me Garylau.

Map Protection:
    On

FAQ
    FAQ
    Frequently Asked Question(FAQ)
    Q:How to play this game ?
    A:Check out the "Fast tutorial" to learn how to play the game.

Q:Can I save allies without runner ?
    A:Impossible . Other unit than runner cannot rescue allies.

Q:Is that my resource lost when I trade the gold into lumber ?
    A:No , 2 gold instead to 1 gold . Trade lumber to get back your gold you have traded.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
    Find more here: Map Description - Templates

• ----------
    Difficult
    ----------

Keywords:
Kodo Tag Castle
kodo
tag
castle
warlock
Contents

Kodo Tag Castle v1.9 (Map)

Reviews
[IMG][c]Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b[IMG][IMG] Kodo Tag Castle by Garylau [IMG] RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 22/30 Terrain & Scenery: 15/20 Total Score: 37/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+ 4 Stars: 40-47 3 Stars: 25-39 2 Stars:...
  1. [​IMG]
    Moderator:
    StoPCampinGn00b
    version 1.7
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Kodo Tag Castle
    by Garylau
    [​IMG] RATINGS
    • Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 22/30
      Terrain & Scenery: 15/20
      Total Score: 37/50

• Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+
      4 Stars: 40-47
      3 Stars: 25-39
      2 Stars: 10-24
      1 Stars: 1-9

[​IMG] CRITIQUE
    Gameplay:
    The game plays out like maps such as fortress survival as it's a team vs waves of AI creeps going after you. it is playable in single player, but it was a little overwhelming and I've switched to play LAN. The goal is to fortify your base using methods such as building walls, towers, creating units, and gathering resources. The techtree for building works out fine, so do the towers and the walls. There really isn't anything creative and special but the map is consistent. The bases are varied in shapes and sizes, that's mostly a better idea even though some bases have more advantages because it adds to the design and competitiveness on who can survive on their own. Smart move in creating the roads to avoid abusing the map, but there is one thing players can abuse.

The biggest problem I have is that kodos will frequently not go towards the entrance of bases but instead try to attack buildings on cliffs, but won't get them unless they have that ability to do so. I can build towers not at the edge but at cliffs and I will get endless feed! Players will abuse this and easily find it out. What I suggest is that you make kodos attack higher level walls as their priority. The other way is to simply edit the terrain. One other minor problem is that only the main hero has blink, other units should have it as it's extremely annoying when a soldier is stuck inside the base.

Expect less than an hour of slow-medium paced game time, relax until your in trouble with the kodos chasing you. Last thing, why does the marine have a clone trooper icon?

22/30
    Terrain & Aesthetics:
    Well above average terrain with that cartoony look using the custom tiles and cliffs. It looks very smooth and fresh to see. No height leveling is necessary for this type of map, I would prefer you not add it if your were considering.

You can definitely use more matching doodads to decorate the map. Not necessarily in the lanes, but near the edges of the map like you did with the buildings. My personal taste, but the buildings are faced awkwardly. This sounds a little spoiled, but a custom interface would go perfectly with this map ;D

15/20

[​IMG] VERDICT
    The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
    - All rules followed, map approved!
    [​IMG] NOTES
    Overall I feel this deserves a high 3 rating, but not a 4 because of the problem I've listed in the gameplay section of the critique area of my review. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/tdalt][/tr]

2. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The thread could do more work and also add more info about it.

Edit: Wow, the thread looks better now. But no screenshot?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  3. Garylau

Garylau

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Screenshot in "Gameplay Screenshot" and "Terrain Screenshot"

4. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know. But when I open it, no picture showed!

5. Garylau

Garylau

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here is the Screenshots:grin:

Attached Files:

6. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's much better if it is attached to the screenshot section, anyways it looks nice.

7. Garylau

Garylau

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now the screenshot display (terrain screenshot and gameplay screenshot)?

8. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, this is a great map! A lot of fun to play and a cool cartoony terrain. What I would like to see in the updates is a new loading screen and also, you could add a higher diffuculty though. Perhaps this is much better multplayer too, but I couldn't try it with anyone. Overall: Really nice map.

9. Garylau

Garylau

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the nice review :D.I will add some difficult in the next version and also will try to change the loading screen .

10. Garylau

Garylau

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe I will stop upgrade this map. My computer is broken need to bought new one . The maps is inside my broken computer .

11. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then you could just download your map from hive and update it

12. Garylau

Garylau

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    These map is protected. I will try to update them but this update maybe will take a long time for me.I should redo all the trigger and the unit.

13. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Review finished :cgrin:

[​IMG]
    Moderator:
    StoPCampinGn00b
    version 1.7
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Kodo Tag Castle
    by Garylau
    [​IMG] RATINGS
    • Gameplay: 22/30
      Terrain & Scenery: 15/20
      Total Score: 37/50

• 5 Stars: 47+
      4 Stars: 40-47
      3 Stars: 25-39
      2 Stars: 10-24
      1 Stars: 1-9

[​IMG] CRITIQUE
    Gameplay:
    The game plays out like maps such as fortress survival as it's a team vs waves of AI creeps going after you. it is playable in single player, but it was a little overwhelming and I've switched to play LAN. The goal is to fortify your base using methods such as building walls, towers, creating units, and gathering resources. The techtree for building works out fine, so do the towers and the walls. There really isn't anything creative and special but the map is consistent. The bases are varied in shapes and sizes, that's mostly a better idea even though some bases have more advantages because it adds to the design and competitiveness on who can survive on their own. Smart move in creating the roads to avoid abusing the map, but there is one thing players can abuse.

The biggest problem I have is that kodos will frequently not go towards the entrance of bases but instead try to attack buildings on cliffs, but won't get them unless they have that ability to do so. I can build towers not at the edge but at cliffs and I will get endless feed! Players will abuse this and easily find it out. What I suggest is that you make kodos attack higher level walls as their priority. The other way is to simply edit the terrain. One other minor problem is that only the main hero has blink, other units should have it as it's extremely annoying when a soldier is stuck inside the base.

Expect less than an hour of slow-medium paced game time, relax until your in trouble with the kodos chasing you. Last thing, why does the marine have a clone trooper icon?

22/30
    Terrain & Aesthetics:
    Well above average terrain with that cartoony look using the custom tiles and cliffs. It looks very smooth and fresh to see. No height leveling is necessary for this type of map, I would prefer you not add it if your were considering.

You can definitely use more matching doodads to decorate the map. Not necessarily in the lanes, but near the edges of the map like you did with the buildings. My personal taste, but the buildings are faced awkwardly. This sounds a little spoiled, but a custom interface would go perfectly with this map ;D

15/20

[​IMG] VERDICT
    The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
    - All rules followed, map approved!
    [​IMG] NOTES
    Overall I feel this deserves a high 3 rating, but not a 4 because of the problem I've listed in the gameplay section of the critique area of my review. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/tdalt][/tr]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  14. Garylau

Garylau

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the great review and thx for approve my map .:grin:
    I will fix in the next ver.I think i will not change the interface of the mapp because that will make the game a bit lag .Like the winter edition , there has too many complaint to me .I try to decrease the map size as more as posible.

15. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would prefer you fix the AI rather than the aesthetics of the map. Nevertheless, you're welcome :D

EDIT: One more thing, DO NOT CHANGE THE MUSIC! It's fun to listen too.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  16. Garylau

Garylau

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Music ? Too many and I don know which you say XD . Try to keep them and added some more sound in-game for dialog .(Can I updated the map after map approve ? How other know mine map is update?)

17. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes you're allowed to update. You will notice by looking at the last updated time stamp

18. Yrk

Yrk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gonna check this out :D

19. Mr.Pockets00000

Mr.Pockets00000

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is a good map with the only major gripe being the baby-puke green terrain.

I'd like to say it's an edit of an edit of an edit. I created this edit:

Remember: One of my screen names is Megamax

Notice: Not condeming you, as we all know how kodo tags work, edit of an edit of an edit. I guess I'd just like some credit as a lot of the base concepts I came up with.